Seeking a dynamic therapist for our full time Hand Therapy position. This position is a .8- 1.0 FTE and will work 32 hours per week. Certified Hand Therapist is preferred or minimum of 4 years of hand therapy experience at 75% of caseload, to join our growing hand therapy business. BS degree or higher in Occupational or Physical Therapy is required.
Candidate must be eligible for licensure in the state of Montana. Candidate must have strong experience and proficiency in fabricating custom splinting, and must be highly experienced in treating upper extremity injuries. Skills should include managing complex diagnoses and surgical procedures. Strong manual based skills also preferred. The candidate will need to have excellent communication skills for interacting with patients, families, co-workers and physicians.
Billings Clinic Orthopedics is a busy physician based orthopedic clinic within our healthcare system with referrals from our hand surgeon and trauma surgeons.
The Hand Therapist is responsible for providing direct patient care, evaluations, consultations, and treatments in order to assist patients in reaching maximum physical performance for the upper quarter of the human body. Utilizing specialized skills in assessment and treatment, the Certified Hand Therapist, promotes the goals of prevention of dysfunction, restoration of function, and/or reversal of the progression of pathology in order to enhance participation in life situations for individuals with upper quarter disease or injury.
- Bachelor's degree in Occupational or Physical Therapy is REQUIRED or Current certification as a Certified Hand Therapist by the Hand Therapy Certification Commission (HTCC)*.
- Current Montana or Wyoming state licensure as a registered occupational therapist as appropriate to the state where services are being provided.
- CPR certification.
*Eligibility for Certified Hand Therapist Certification
1. Documentation of five (5) years of practice as an occupational therapist
2. Documentation of 4,000 hours of direct practice experience in hand therapy, verified by employer
3. Must pass a comprehensive test of advanced clinical skills and theory in upper quarter rehabilitation
4. Demonstrate continued professional development and competency by re-certifying every five (5) years