GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOBAs the Operations Manager for Occupational Health, you areresponsible for the delivery, oversight and measurement of a company-wide occupational health service line designed to integrate with our primary care services and reduce employer costsassociated with maintaining a healthy workforce. In this leadership position you will manage all aspects of the service line, ensuring the highest possible level clinical and service quality, compliance with all regulatory requirements, operational excellence, results achievement and customer satisfaction in the delivery of programs and services to meet client objectives.KEYRESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides leadership regarding the development and planning of programs to promote health and safety in the workplace. Actively supports objectives, mission, vision, and goals of the organization and of each client served.
- Manages all staff assigned to service line with direct and indirect reporting relationships. Focus on employee engagement, appropriate and effective hiring practices, talent development and retention, accountability.
- Holds staff accountable for deliverables in client contracts, scope of contracted work, and effective collaboration with clients.
- Accountable for data collection and reporting for service line. Data collection and analysis must directly demonstrate the value of the service line at the patient level and client level.
- Creates opportunities for cross-collaboration throughout QuadMed for improved clinical outcomes across the populations we serve.
- Drives toward consistent attainment of business, quality, ROI, and contribution margin goals.
- Strong focus on continuous improvement/CQI as a part of daily work.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements related to clinical operations in occupational health service line across the organization. Maintain current knowledge of Workers’ Compensation law in each state serviced, OSHA regulations and safety standards, Department ofTransportation, Center for Disease Control and other regulatory areas relevant to occupational health programs.
- Develop and monitor education and training program for new staff in occupational health program including clinical concepts and procedures, use of equipment, proper charting techniques or other elements involving the delivery of services. Update training regularly to ensure clarity and effectiveness.
- Supports the business development team and client services team in RFPs and client report outs.
- Performs other duties as assigned or necessary to support the organization.
JOB REQUIREMENTSAppropriate education and/or experience may be substituted on an equivalent basisEducation:
- Bachelor’s Degree in healthcare administration, nursing, or similar field required, Master’s Degreepreferred
- Three plus years of formal leadership experience in healthcare operations setting required, five years preferred
- Experience working with multiple direct and indirect reports, including remote employees
- Experience in quality improvement methodology
- Prefer operational leadership experience in occupational health setting. If none, will need to very quickly learn the space.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Very strong people leader, proven ability to lead and motivate a team. Able to quickly engage a team and drive them to consistent results.
- Possess strong foundational knowledge of healthcare operations, including staffing, metrics, EMR, competencies, regulations.
- Ability to solve practical programs and deal with a variety of variables in situations where limited standardization exists. Ability to bring standardization quickly and effectively with excellent change management tactics.
- Strong written, verbal and analytical skills.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels within QuadMed and client organizations, as well as with vendors and contractors.
- Highly organized yet can work in a flexible, fast-paced environment.
- Polished presenter in sales and account management settings.
- Strong skills in MS Office suite, EMRs that support occupational health, data tracking/management.