The Occupational Health Manager will report to Risk Management and has responsibility for a number of hotels and project based work as instructed or required by Rick Management. Responsabilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for achieving hotel health, safety and wellness including Safety Committee and working with loss prevention and other vendors or where there is an Area Wellness Manager (AWM), working with the AWM to achieve hotel health, safety and wellness.
- Responsible for achieving hotel Workers Compensation (Work Comp) claim management or where there is an AWM, working with the AWM to achieve hotel Work Comp management including reporting, treatment, return to work and closure of Work Comp claims.
- Responsible for achieving hotel utilization of Risk Management Information System (RMIS) or where there is an AWM, working with the AWM to achieve RMIS utilization
- Responsible for reporting health and safety and Work Comp data and metrics to the hotel and keeping the Leadership Committees of hotels aware of data and metrics including Safety Dashboard and other relevant data and metrics.
- Responsible for Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards, other health and safety standards, legal regulations and Hyatt brand standards including responses to OSHA or other investigations and requests.
- Responsible for Contagious Disease Manual and AEDs and responding to incidents and requests associated with the possibility of contagious diseases or the use of AEDs.
- Responsible for oversight of hotel compliance with Work Comp laws, rules and procedures.
- Responsible for assurance that hotels have implemented transitional or modified duty and return to work programs or where there is an AWM, working with the AWM to achieve hotel implementation of the same.
- Responsible for assurance that hotels have implemented re-training and are engaged in correction actions related to Work Comp injuries or where there is an AWM, working with AWM to re-train and corrective actions.
- Assist hotels with Leave of Absence management, the Interactive Process and benefits programs to ensure proper coordination with Work Comp programs
- Responsible for working with and assisting with the management of Gallagher Basset, Hyatt's dedicated Third Party Administrator and as directed and instructed by Risk Management.
- Responsible for assisting with and coordination of incidents and claims involving hotel employees across all insurance and other programs available to employees and others.
- Ensure hotels are training or on-line resources are available to train employees on various health and safety issues or where there is an AWM, working with the AWM to achieve hotel health and safety training.
- Conduct clinic evaluations and ensure, subject to State laws, rules, regulations and procedures, that employees are properly utilizing clinics, treaters and other healthcare providers.
- Responsible for achievement of hotel training to ensure Work Comp processes and procedures are being implemented or where there is an AWM, working with the AWM to achieve hotel Work Comp training.
- 5 years of experience
- College Degree
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Travel greater than 25% of the time and on occasion greater than 50% may be required. U.S. travel, but must have ability to hold an international passport. Drivers License.
- Independent worker with ability to operate with limited guidance, instruction and at times management and still be able to make faced paced decisions in a rapidly changing environment.
- Certification and experience with OSHA highly desirable.
- Ability to interact with management, influence decision makers and at times present and lead training or other company seminars, training or education in occupational health and workplace safety.