The Boeing Company is recruiting for an Occupational Health and Safety Specialist (Mid-Level) to join the 737 Environment, Health, and Safety (EHS) Organization in Renton, WA. POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans, implements and assesses occupational health and safety programs and processes to maintain a safe and healthy work environment
- Develops and leads training and instructions
- Interprets and advises on the impact of emerging issues, regulations and legislation to company operations
- Evaluates and provides selection advice on existing or emergent risk management control technologies
- Leads audits, inspections and investigations and coordinates resolution of issues
- Develops corrective action plan to respond to internal/external audits and inspections
- Works with management to facilitate risk management decisions.
- Analyzes emerging technology for the identification of potential hazards and control methods
- Business related travel 10% of the time
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Supply Chain and Ops
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee. Basic/Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical field of study in mathematics, scientific or information technology
- Experience in Environment, Health, and Safety (EHS)
- Experience conducting investigations and / or audits
- Experience implementing environmental and occupational health regulations in an industrial setting
- Experience implementing ergonomic solutions in a manufacturing environment
- Technical bachelor's degree and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or a Master's degree with typically 3 or more years' or a PhD degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A technical degree is defined as any four yeardegree, or greater, in a mathematic, scientific or information technology field of study.