Occupancy Planning Manager
We are currently searching for a Manager, Occupancy Planning in Phoenix, AZ. The Manager manages a team of space planners in identifying, coordinating, and planning space and programming services on all projects for designated client (s) as assigned. The Manager, in turn, leads the interface with client(s) to develop and implement global space planning strategies.
The Manager supports the organization’s mission, vision and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence and competence, collaboration, innovation, accountability and ownership.
- Work with client to develop strategic space and workplace strategies on an enterprise-wide basis.
- Lead multiple teams to develop move plans with space assignments, occupancy plans, cabling requirements, IT requirements and construction requirements.
- Lead teams to assure that projects are completed on-time, within budget, and adhere to the quality expectations established.
- Track and monitor resolution of space and workplace issues.
- Responsible for development of team members to update methods of space design and planning.
- Recruit and build talented teams and foster open communication and common understanding of people, processes, methods, and problem resolution.
- Monitor migration plans and space strategies.
- Lead team to plan and monitor complex and detailed design layouts of new and existing office space and furniture.
- Maintain outstanding relationships with appropriate client executives and managers to assure client satisfaction.
- Track data and metrics that are important to client and JLL success.
- Coordinate with client and associates to determine furniture requirements, bill of materials and furniture product availability.
- Monitor strategic space plan and assure planning team documents and tracks data and metrics.
- Lead development of standards for vendors, engineering consultants, contractors and various departments to coordinate project completion; hold accountable as appropriate.
- Monitors and assures that employees and projects are in compliance with government and site building codes and regulations.
- Assure that employees have knowledge of client-specific requirements, including particular software, systems, and processes.
- Recruit, train, and mentor/motivate highly effective planning team.
- Active participation in the personnel review process to provide performance feedback to personnel.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree in a related discipline or related experiencerequired.
- Five or more years of professional experience in either facilities planning, furniture project management, furniture design or interior design.
- Advanced experience with and proficiency in AutoCAD, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Project and Outlook), Visio, and CAFM/IWMS applications.
- Advanced project management skills to include projects with TI construction, furniture renovation, a relocation projects of 200 people or greater.
- Outstanding customer service acumen and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written, including advanced negotiation skills, influencing skills, and presentation skills.
- Experience leading cross functional teams.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Willingness to take ownership of requests; prioritize and meet deadlines and hold others accountable.
- Strong attention to detail and quality.
- Experience managing people, including successful team and individual development, performance management, goal accomplishment, and employee retention.
- Advanced understanding of move requirements, reconfiguration processes, furniture standards, and furniture inventory management.
- Knowledge of multiple furniture lines.
- Demonstrated strategic and global thinking.