The Boeing Company is seeking an OCC Systems Specialist in Everett, WA.
This position supports customers on a 24/7 basis and operates on a variable shift and rotation schedule. The Systems Specialist will travel to integrate with customer, suppliers, and other organizations; working within the 24/7/365 Operations Center Team that provides airplane and customer support which includes team members working non-standard shifts in the 24 hour day and a nonstandard week including holidays.
- Applies technical knowledge and skills in support of delivered 787 aircraft products and services which includes certification baselines and post-delivery regulatory action. These attributes and actions are used to assure and sustain product design, integrity, and safety.
- Provides engineering and technical recommendations to customers regarding training, documentation, data, and technical support as needed to establish operational, maintenance, and inspection procedures and techniques.
- Analyzes equipment failures to determine root cause; participates in developing design, operational, and logistical changes to enhance safety and efficiency; and reduces cost while optimizing continuous operations.
- Collaborates in the design, implementation and revision of preventive maintenance programs.
- Represents the company to customers, regulatory authorities and industry working groups to ensure safe, efficient and profitable product operation.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
- Leads teams to conduct research on complex technical, maintenance, operational and quality issues that cannot be resolved by customer.
- Reviews complex problems for potential safety impact.
- Communicates design and operational issues and concerns with Engineering.
- Manages in-service correspondence on complex multi discipline systems for continued safe and efficient operation and maintenance of equipment.
- Adapts existing test procedures, oversees execution of test procedures and coordinates resolution of test anomalies to return products to operational status.
- Travels to Customers to support Entry-Into-Service and AOG to perform duties as required.
- Manages and support deployment of resources to ensure timely and efficient repairs are accomplished.
- Provides realtime live troubleshooting and analysis with Customer, Field Service and Maintenance to resolve issues that could impact aircraft serviceability.
- Focuses efforts, resources and collaborates with Engineering and other teams to prevent dispatch delays or cancellations.
- Required to travel both international and domestic about 10% of the time.
Relocation Assistance, based on Eligibility.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills & Experience):
- Willing to support an 24/7 on-call rotation environment
- Capable of working Variable Shifts; including Days, Swings, Mids Variable or Rotation
- Able to travel both domestically and internationally about 10% of the time
- Requires comprehensive 787 systems knowledge of techniques including capabilities, practices, support resources, preferences, problems and other constraints in order to provide effective product support and technical issue resolution.
- Requires at least 3 years experience have working directly with 787 aircraft supporting 787 airline customers
Desired Qualifications (Preferred Skills & Experience):
- Minimum AA degree in related discipline
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant license
Typical Education/ Experience:
AA degree in related discipline and typically 6 or more years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.