Obesity Medicine Specialist – Summa Health – Akron, Ohio
Summa Health is seeking an experienced board certified Family Medicine or Internal Medicine physician with a strong interest in obesity management to join our employed physician group, Summa Health Medical Group.
The selected candidate will become a member of Summa Health Medical Group, a multi-specialty group practice of 350+ physicians employed by the Summa Health System.
Summa Health – headquartered in Akron, Ohio – is one of the largest integrated Healthcare Delivery Systems in the state. With 2 hospitals and 20+ health centers, Summa Health provides access to care throughout the region.
- Board Certified in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine
- Willingness to obtain board certification in obesity medicine (after approximately 2 years of practicing)
- Unrestricted Ohio License or willingness to obtain
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Commitment to quality care in a patient centered, team-based environment
- Candidates for this position should have a passion for obesity and weight loss management
- Employed position with comprehensive benefit package
- Competitive compensation with salary guarantee
- Join a rapidly growing program that began in 2004; currently 1 provider working to capacity
- Monday-Friday 7:00a-4:30p schedule allowing for excellent work/life balance
- No call or hospital component
- Opportunity to work with medical students and residents
- Ability to work in different offices/communities
- Experienced and efficient support staff including surgeons, dieticians, psychologist, nurse practitioner, RN, and 25 additional team members
- Epic System’s EMR