Responsible for the care of assigned patients within Lakeland Regional Health. When performing on-call duties for In-patient Mental Health Services: Has responsibility for the care of patients in the various mental health treatment programs of the Department of Psychiatry and for treatment of patients seen in consultation to other clinical departments within LRH. As an active member of the hospital medical staff provides direct clinical care to patients and assumes on-call responsibility for patients as assigned. Works with the Medical Staff Co-Leader and other members of the treatment team in the development of clinical programs.
* People At The Heart Of All We Do
- Fosters an inclusive and engaged environment through teamwork and collaboration.
- Ensures patients and families have the best possible experiences across the continuum of care.
- Communicates appropriately with patients, families, team members, and our community in a manner that treasures all people as uniquely created.
* Safety And Performance Improvement
- Behaves in a mindful manner focused on self, patient, visitor, and team safety.
- Demonstrates accountability and commitment to quality work.
- Participates actively in process improvement and adoption of standard work.
- Demonstrates responsible use of LRH's resources including people, finances, equipment and facilities.
- Knows and adheres to organizational and department policies and procedures.
* Standard Work Duties: Psychiatrist
- Actively participates in team development, achieving dashboards, and in accomplishing department goals and objectives.
- Provides quality clinical care to assigned patients admitted to the various treatment programs of the Department of Psychiatry. Provides care in keeping with the Bylaws, Rules, and Regulations of LRMHC and the Department of Psychiatry.
- Carries out job duties in a manner that enhances positive professional relationships with hospital staff, patients, families, and other physicians.
- Works within the multi-disciplinary team structure to facilitate positive treatment outcomes.
- Serves as a clinical supervisor for other clinicians as assigned.
- Provides high quality consultation-liaison services to the other clinical departments within Lakeland Regional Health Medical Center.
- Strives to develop clinical patient care opportunities apart from the inpatient mental health unit that meet the care needs of the Lakeland area and are in keeping with the Mission of the hospital (e.g. Outpatient treatment, involvement with care of patients in the chemical dependency treatment programs, development of new treatment programs, provision of clinical or consultation services to other organizations).
Education equivalent experience:
* Accredited Residency training in Psychiatry
Licenses Essential: Current Florida License to practice Medicine.
Certifications Essential: Board Certified or Board Eligible with completion of certification within five year
Experience Essential: Medical Degree (M.D. or D.O.) and accredited Residency training in Psychiatry