Leidos is seeking an experienced Program Manager (PM) to lead a highly visible software modernization, operations and maintenance (O&M) program for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). The PM candidate will be responsible for leading and managing the overall development of new capabilities, new applications, enhancements and modernization of existing applications in response to evolving technologies, threats, and mission requirements, as well as O&M. The PM will also have the proven ability to support customer requirements, define opportunities, implement accountability across geographically dispersed teams, and achieve program mission objectives.
The PM will provide oversight and management for all phases of software requirements, design, development, testing and implementation, to ensure software applications enable users to meet their mission goals and objectives. This effort encompasses new application development (for both web-based and non-web-based applications) and system enhancement/modernization projects following all Customs and Border Protection (CBP) and DHS Systems Engineering Life Cycle procedures (SELC).
The PM will also be responsible to manage all O&M solutions, processes, and procedures necessary to sustain software applications within the DHS enterprise at the highest levels of service and availability consistent with cost, schedule, and performance objectives. This O&M support will emphasize performance monitoring to identify and resolve performance risks before they impact mission performance while responding to customer identified performance deficiencies and/or outages (i.e., break/fix). This support will include, but is not limited to, standard Tier 2 and 3 support, DHS incident tracking system and other means of coordination and communication.
• Experience managing a large IT modernization, and O&M effort for the Federal Government
• Transformation experience, including technical changes, employee growth, and organizational change leadership
• Proficient in Earned Value Management (EVM)
• Proficient in the management of firm fixed price and cost plus programs
• Effective and efficient program management, while providing appropriate visibility and insight to the Government.
• Manage contractor staffing to ensure the full range of technical skills are available when needed
• Cooperate and work in collaboration with the Government customer, other government agencies and associated programs, and associated contractor teams as necessary to meet mission requirements
• Fully cooperate with the Government-selected Independent Testing service provider and the Government-selected system training contractors
• Plan the work to be performed and provide reporting to the Government as needed to ensure appropriate insight into the status and progress toward meeting near and long term objectives and delivery milestones.
• Develop and deliver to the specific plans including, but not limited to, monthly statistical status reports, monthly financial status reports, a Project Management Plan (PMP), a Quality Assurance Plan (QAP), a Configuration Management Plan (CMP), a Risk Management Plan, and a Transition plan.
Minimum General Experience
• 15 to 18 years of system engineering/program management experience with 10 years of direct project and program management experience of complex IT systems
• The PM must be able to clearly and concisely read, write, speak and understand English
• Significant Software and System Engineering Management Experience
• Experience leading a geographically dispersed team
• Experience leading a 24/7/365 operations team at a customer site
• Ability to travel - approximately 10%
• PMP certification
• Experience with US Federal Government customers, and specifically DHS
• Current DHS clearance – a favorably adjudicated background investigation (BI) or a single scope background investigation (SSBI)
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Typically requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10+ years or prior relevant experience. Generally has 7+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.