Invenergy believes inclusion drives innovation
Diverse teams are better teams. The perspectives and experiences that people from different backgrounds bring to an organization drive better decisions and improve business results. Invenergy employees are inclusive and welcoming of all colleagues of all backgrounds, genders, races, sexual orientations, religions and abilities.
About the Site
The Midway Solar Energy Center located at 7064 Co - Op Road, McCamey, Texas 79752 and the Lamesa II Solar energy center located at 1409 S. Elgin Avenue, Lamesa Texas, 793331, Dawson County, Texas, are a combined 250 MW-AC solar powered generation facility
As an Operations & Maintenance Manager you will be responsible for managing the Midway/Lamesa II Solar Energy Centers.
- Manage all aspects of the day to day operation of the facility in a safe and environmentally sound manner.
- Prepare and implement plant operating and maintenance procedures ensuring compliance with all Federal, State and Local requirements.
- Recruit, select, train and manage plant operating, maintenance and administrative staff.
- Prepare annual operating budgets and periodic status reports.
- Interface and coordinate with local customers and suppliers.
- Procure parts, materials, services and support resolution of technical issues.
- Ensure compliance with all project safety, environmental and contractual responsibilities.
- Provide a high level of professionalism and technical expertise.
- Perform routine Quality Assurance checks of solar technician work.
- Assist solar technicians from time to time in various solar maintenance and troubleshooting activities.
- A minimum of two (2) years of supervisory/management experience.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in a manufacturing or skilled trade environment
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office software.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Must be able to work outdoors in inclement weather, climb portable ladders without assistance
- This position may require the ability to remotely manage new projects within a region, so candidate must be willing to travel up to 50% as business needs warrant.
- Willing to work nights during scheduled and unscheduled maintenance activities
- Ability to move and manipulate up to 45 kg (100 pounds).
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record.
Preferred Education and/or Work Experience
- Experience in power generation facilities
- Experience with PV maintenance, including DC systems, AC medium voltage systems, and network communications and monitoring
- Experience with the operation of various SCADA systems
- Skilled in the use of testing equipment and tools such as Thermographic Electrical Inspection, I-V Curve Tracing, Meggers, and Ground Fault Detection
- Strong Analytical and Diagnostic capabilities to troubleshoot and correct problems found
- Knowledge of National Electrical Code (NEC), NFPA, and other standard practices
- Ability to read and understand electrical single-line and three-line diagrams / schematics