Nashville-based HCA is one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services, operating 171 locally managed hospitals and 119 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and the United Kingdom. With its founding in 1968, HCA created a new model for hospital care in the United States, using combined resources to strengthen hospitals, deliver patient-focused care and improve the practice of medicine. HCA has conducted a number of clinical studies, including one that demonstrated that full-term delivery is healthier than early elective delivery of babies and another that identified a clinical protocol that can reduce bloodstream infections in ICU patients by 44 percent. HCA is a learning healthcare system that uses its more than 27 million annual patient encounters to advance science, improve patient care and save lives.
The Clinical Services Group (CSG) is responsible for the development and implementation of HCA’s Electronic Health Record (EHR) program as well as the expansion of business processes and performance related to HCA's Clinical Agenda.
This position designs, facilitates, and coordinates programs to support the enterprise nursing agenda. The Nursing Programs Director will facilitate efforts across the nursing strategic councils to support the nursing agenda. Duties include the ability to manage, organize, and analyze program needs. The candidate must possess excellent written and oral communication skills, and negotiation skills that foster strong working relationships.
• Design and develop strategic supporting programs, tools and processes to facilitate the execution and alignment with annual nursing strategies and initiatives
• Leads the development of products appropriately scaled to HCA’s size and needs that are consistent with industry standards.
• Responsible for the design, development, and ongoing support of processes that will deliver the defined Nursing strategy to the organization in partnership with clinical service group, IT & S, HRG and other key stakeholders
• Facilitates and drives the most optimal processes by which the Nursing team collaborates and integrates internally and externally.
• Identifies and evaluates tools to improve team effectiveness.
• Develops Atlas publications, materials and products to provide both incremental and long-term value (i.e. HCA Nursing Atlas page).
• Works collaboratively with nursing executive teams to identify and develop key organizational needs for nursing.
• Partners effectively with communications to develop and deploy strategies to enhance awareness and effectiveness about Nursing initiatives.
• Proactively identifies and addresses problems that may affect the timely completion of assignments and keeps leadership informed.
• Monitors and regularly assesses the quality and effectiveness of program delivery, and provides feedback to ensure consistent effective program performance.
• Provides Project Management support for small scale projects when necessary.
Education and Experience
5-7 years related experience
Previous experience in managing clinical projects, developing and publishing documents and maintaining a corporate Intranet Site. Experience in technical communications. Strong communication skills.
Master’s degree preferred. Bachelor’s Degree or higher or equivalent formal accredited training in knowledge management.
• Expert user of Microsoft Office, including Excel, Work, Power Point, SharePoint, and Access.
• Tactical execution – demonstrates personal ownership of tasks and follows through to get the required results in the established timeframe.
• Requires 3 - 7 years of relevant program and project management work experience focused clinical operations
• Strong process improvement experience in a large scale corporate environment required.
• Exceptional critical thinking skills required.
• Possess strong communication skills (both verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple competing priorities.
Job Code: 10201-22686