Description: Responsible for patient focused, quality, effective, efficient, nursing care and service behaviors of staff supporting the practices of physicians and other medical providers. Accountable for role clarity, communication, and performance management of staff so that the staff is best able to participate successfully as members of care teams. Supervises and coordinates the activities of personnel engaged in providing patient focused nursing care and related medical services in support of the physician practices in the medical offices. Partners with the physician leaders in creating a culture of commitment to patient focused service, excellent support of physician practices, innovation, compliance, ethics and integrity. Accountable for creating a culture of compliance, ethics and integrity. Maintains knowledge of and assures departmental compliance with Kaiser Permanente's Principles of Responsibility and policies and procedures, and applicable regulatory requirements and accreditation standards. Responds appropriately, including required reporting, to observed fraud or abuse.
- Supervises, leads, role models and coordinates the activities of personnel engaged in providing excellent patient focused care and supporting physician practices through the provision of integrated, effective and innovative nursing practices and related medical services.
- Requires working with interruptions, occasionally works with bio-hazardous waste, and works around machinery and moving equipment, such as wheel chairs in a standard medical office environment. May be required to lift patients using proper lifting technique.
- Interviews, selects, evaluates, motivates, orients, trains, coaches\counsels, disciplines and terminates unit personnel in collaboration with physician leaders and in compliance with requirements of EEO/AA goals, union contracts, and personnel policies of the organization.
- Improves service and staff productivity continually.
- Improves quality in partnership with CPMG.
- Monitors, identifies and investigates competency issues and service or support deficits associated with daily operations and overall patient care within the unit(s) and develops and administers corrective measures in collaboration with Permanente physicians to ensure safe and efficient working conditions.
- Acts as a liaison between the physician group, the patient care unit, and the call center to ensure effective communication for overall patient care services.
- Collaborates with other facility leaders to design systems for providing high quality patient care services.
- Ensures highest nursing standards and monitors clinical nursing practices and documentation within the department to meet and/or exceed appropriate nursing and licensing/accrediting agency guidelines and/or standards.
- Provides outstanding support of physician practices.
- Collaborates with the physician and the physician manager in managing labor relations.
- Coordinates and adheres to budgetary needs for operation of the unit in collaboration with medical group leaders.
- Monitors quality assurance projects in collaboration with physician group.
- Maintains current information and knowledge of all applicable Kaiser Permanente policies, local, state and federal laws and regulations, and accreditation standards.
- Ensures that the training activities incorporate all applicable KP policies, local, state and federal laws and regulations, and accreditation standards.
- Minimum three (3) years of nursing leadership experiencerequired.
- Bachelor's degreerequired.
- Graduate of a RN program that meets Colorado State Board of Nursing curriculum requirements.
License, Certification, Registration
- National Provider Identifier (NPI) and Taxonomy code required at time of hire.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Colorado.
Job Number: 665106