Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Requires current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Maine.
- Requires Bachelor of Science in Nursing; Master’s preferred.
- Requires interpersonal and management skills and knowledge of employee relation laws as normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, in order to deal with complex management problems and communicate with unit personnel, physicians, administrative personnel, a variety of other hospital personnel, and community persons.
- Requires clinical expertise in direct patient care as normally acquired through approximately five years’ experience as a staff nurse and/or nurse manager.
- Requires a high level of critical thinking and analytical skills to make management decisions at unit level and make recommendations for consideration on departmental issues. New programming requiring planning, standing up a team, education and training of new staff and staff transitioning from other units.
- Requires the ability to integrate the knowledge of teaching principles and counseling techniques in order to direct the growth of the unit staff.
- Requires a high level of organization skills, effective time management and delegation strategies that include the ability to rapidly prioritize and adjust work flow according to changing unit needs.