This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
Experience and Education
7-10 years management experience in Medical service lines; ICU and/or cath lab experience preferred. Current State of Texas Registered Nurse License. Graduate of accredited school of nursing, BSN required; Masters preferred.Current Texas (or BNE Compact State) license; BCLS required. A current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification, course accredited by the American Heart Association (AHA). Professional certifications preferred.
- Demonstrate continuous performance improvement in targeted areas of responsibility in alignment with the overall annual Hospital performance improvement targets.
- Meets or exceeds financial goals and objectives of the department. Incorporates budget planning, monitoring, and evaluating individual cost centers. Manages the fiscal operation of the unit/department to ensure utilization of staff and resources are being met in an efficient and cost effective manner.
- Provides leadership and direction for Medical services at University Hospitals.
- Oversees the fiscal, technical and patient care activities of the medical, hospitalists, Medical ICU units to ensure efficient operations, providing input on the hospital's strategic initiatives and developing tactical strategies for assigned group of departments and services.
- Plans and organizes all functions and activities within assigned area, ensures compliance with regulatory and governing agencies and established Hospital standards, practices, and procedures.
- Works cooperatively with other Directors and Managers to ensure smooth operation of hospital and department and works cooperatively with Medical Staff in pursuit of quality of care, clinical and operational objectives.