Indeed Hire - Walnut Creek, CA
Education, Vocational Training, and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Nursing, Administration, OR 5+ years healthcare management experience is desired.
- Knowledge of state, regulatory, HCFA, and accrediting
Skills and Abilities:
• potential to hassle solve and make choices.
• potential to set priorities and cope with a stressful role.
• potential to offer path to others that is clear, concise, and promotes efficiency.
• capacity to speak nicely with sufferers, households, co-people, physicians, external clients.
• possess financial analytical talents and advertising and marketing capabilities.
- Plan, organize, direct, and evaluate activities to ensure professional medical/nursing care for each patient.
- Direct, monitor, and evaluate activities to ensure professional medical/nursing care of each patient.
- Develop/ implement entity specific policies and procedures affecting daily operations.
- Develop, direct, evaluate, and administer financial, administrative, and personnel policy, procedures, and standards of conduct.
- Provide direction and evaluation of all facility programs and committee activities including by not limited to, Quality Council, Performance Improvement, Risk Management, Safety, and delegate responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Monitor/review performance evaluation on all employees.
- Monitor/review appropriate scheduling/staffing activities of patients, physicians, and personnel to ensure the quality of services and cost effectiveness.
- Provide direction for employee training and motivation.
- Monitor/provide assistance in the credentialing process.
- Develop/monitor guidelines and standards for assuring compliance with state licensure, HCFA, federal regulations (OSHA, CUA, etc) and accreditation.
- Oversee the activities of recruiting, selecting, supervision, and counseling of personnel.
- Provide appropriate personnel/resources to conduct program activities.
- Under the direction of the Regional Vice President, maintain contact with facility attorney, accountant, and other consultants/contractors to assure all center activities are consistent with legal and ethical requirements.
- Provide a safe environment for all customers and employees by implementing preventative maintenance programs.
- Perform other administrative duties as delegated or assigned by President.
- Ensure effective fiscal management of the center.
- Prepare, control and evaluate the operating budget. Monitor financial performance and benchmarks of the facility.
- Oversee/review all center purchases. Maintain appropriate inventory levels.
- Maintain accurate, current, and projected financial profiles to evaluate the efficient utilization of all resources. Assure appropriate accounts receivable levels for the facility.
- Maintain an effective billing system that ensures prompt and accurate billing and collection of services as well as allowance for debt and third party reimbursement.
- Supervise special financial agreements for patients including deferred payments and third party payment plans in conjunction with Business Office Manager.
- Ensure timely financialreporting as required by corporation.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate marketing plan.
- Ensure that marketing initiatives are consistent with the overall community relations philosophy of company.
- Develop/oversee annual goal and objectives.
- Direct/oversee physician expansion activities, monitor satisfaction of services.
- Plan, monitor, and review all service expansion activities in conjunction with President.
- Represent the center and its policy in relation to the general public.
- Act as a liaison between Governing Body, Medical Executive Committee, and employees of the facility.
- Monitor and advise the Medical Executive Committee, and President of market trends impacting clinical, physician peer review activities, performance improvement, and financial performance of facility.
- Participate as a member of the Governing Body.
- Provide annual evaluationreport of the facility programs to the Governing Body and Medical Executive Committee.
- Perform additional administrative duties as designated by the Medical Executive Committee.
- Demonstrates the safe operation of equipment and machinery and follows procedures for reporting and correcting unsafe situations.
- Attends 100% of required safety training or reviews make up material within 2 weeks.
- Acts appropriately as a primary contact for the provision of service satisfaction.
- Maintain effective communications between departments.
- Promote positive physician and employee relations.
- Ensure patient rights and confidentiality through standards of business conduct.
- Ensure fair and consistent application of personnel policies and practices within the facility and region.
- Ensure fair and prompt resolution of employee, physician, and patient complaints, grievance and operational issues.
- Interactswith all patients, families, and visitors and fellow employees in a mature, responsible manner to ensure a positive and professional surgery center environment.
- Displays a caring and responsive attitude and conducts all activities respecting patient, family, and employee rights and expectations.
- Maintains confidentiality of all facility and patient information as required by facility policy.
- Fosters a positive and professional surgery center environment by interacting with all persons in considerate, helpful, and courteous manner and by participating as a team member.
- Diffuses/resolves conflict by appropriately communicating with those involved.
- Accepts constructive criticism and gives suggestions in a professional manner.
- Considers age specific needs in communication with all customers.
- Has attended and put into practices of Service Satisfaction.
- Completes appropriate financial management responsibilities.
- Evaluates performance in relation to corporate contract standards/benchmarks.
Job Type: Full-time