Come reimagine care with us! We’re on a mission to change the way medical care is delivered around the country.
By supplying home-based medical care to patients who need it most, WellBe is changing lives by providing care wherever our patients call home. WellBe’s primary care services are delivered by a team of licensed clinicians in the comfort of the patient’s home. By combining the strength of physicians, nurse practitioners, social workers, paramedics, and other healthcare professionals, WellBe delivers an extra level of support to the patients we serve in their communities.
This high-risk population is typically underserved and challenged with access to care which we provide. To address these problems, we have elected to bring the care to the patient, instead of trying to bring the patient to the care. WellBe’s clinician-led geriatric care teams provide concierge-level medical care and social support in the home as well as delivering and coordinating across the entire care continuum – from chronic care and urgent care in the home to hospital to skilled nursing facility to assisted living to palliative care, to end-of-life care.
Joining WellBe means joining a growing, purpose-driven organization to deliver the highest quality care to our senior communities and to make an impact on lives every day.
WellBe’s Culture is Welcoming
- Be part of something important:
- Be part of pioneering a new way of healthcare that is revolutionizing the industry.
- A patient-focused environment that ensures patients can live a fulfilling life whatever their health level is. Our focus is to give our patients more good days.
- Give yourself incredible opportunities:
- Growth and development opportunities across expanding markets in the company and celebrate success on a global scale.
- Training in the WellBe model and team-based care. Full in-person orientation, vision, mission, and values introduction, and instilling cultural ideals. Respect and trust for how you work and how you make a difference.
- Work as part of a collaborative team with a strong team culture.
- You own your role, contribute to the team, and feel the enormous impact on lives.
- Leadership that listens, trusts, empowers, and supports.
- Empowerment and ownership for solving problems that arise and doing the right thing in each interaction.
- Pioneering a new way of healthcare that is revolutionizing the industry.
What we offer:
- Full-time permanent, work seeing patients in their home, traveling around to other home locations. Work during the daytime, flexible schedule, and on-call rotation.Rich and competitive total rewards package including health benefits, dental, vision, life insurance, dependent care reimbursement, STD/LTD, 401k match with immediate vesting, paid time off / floating holidays, commuter/transportation (mileage) reimbursement, and educational reimbursement.
- The opportunity to work with a progressive company, who is making a difference each day with every patient.
About the Position:
Our Nurse Practitioners are critical to our team that provides compassionate care to the frailest elderly who have chronic and acute illnesses or injuries living in their homes. They deliver primary, urgent and acute medical care to a wide variety of patients. The Nurse Practitioner will be accountable for caring for patients, maintaining accurate and current patient records, and scheduling initial, urgent, and follow-up appointments to patients as required. The successful candidate will work as a team with our physicians, social workers, paramedics, and care team coordinators to assist in delivering concierge care to every patient. We offer a positive, upbeat work environment where all medical personnel work together for the good of the patient.
WellBe - Nurse Practitioner - What to Expect:
- Practices the WellBe mission: To help our patients lead healthier, meaningful lives by delivering the most Complete Care.
- Partners with other clinicians in the “Care Community managing the health and wellbeing of patients living in their homes.
- Responsible engaging attributed patient into WellBe program
- Provides primary care to patients in the home
- Facilitates staff, patient, and family decision making by providing educational resources.
- Performs initial patient screenings/physical examinations creates appropriate assessment/plan
- Addresses urgent care needs of the patients as needed
- Collaborates with community team to complete care assessment
- Orders, interprets, and analyzes diagnostic tests and determine the need for follow-up appointments and further treatment options
- Prescribes and manage medications and treatments as appropriate, including but not limited to psychopharmacological agents
- Updates patient records and check records for accuracy at each patient appointment
- Delivers quality care while maintaining all company metrics pertaining to appropriate documentation/coding, HEDIS measures, engagement of patients, and managing medical expense.
- Serves as a resource for patients in delivering ongoing care information, counseling and guidance for any patients with critical conditions
- Refer to internal/external resources as appropriate such as WellBe behavioral health protocols
- Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team and participate in regularly scheduled team meetings
- Maintain required licensure and certification
- Deliver palliative care, and when needed, end of life care to patients and families
- Facilitates family meetings with WellBe community team, to help with complicated family dynamics and goals of care
- Other tasks needed to accomplish team’s objectives/goals
Educational/ Experience Requirements:
- Minimum Master’s Degree in Nursing
- Valid nurse practitioner or physician assistant license in state of operations & current board certification in your field
- 5+ years of progressive care required
- BLS and ACLS certified and an NPI# as an NP
- Have a valid driver’s license, car insurance, have access to a car and willingness to drive to patient homes/patient location, as well as an active auto insurance policy
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Role model in courageous teamwork, integrity, ethics, and productivity
- Expert in diagnosis and treatment of chronic and urgent medical/psychological conditions of older adults
- Experience in end-of-life, geriatrics, internal medicine, palliative care
- Expert in palliative care, and end of life communication
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills
- Confident speaker to internal and external groups
- Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Home care experience preferred
- Ability to connect immediately with patients and families to contribute to difficult cases
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills
Travel requirements: Travel may be required up to 100% locally.
Ability to lift up to 20lbs. Moving lifting or transferring of patients may involve lifting of up to 50lbs as well as assist with weights of more than 100lbs. Ability to stand for extended periods.
Ability to drive to patient locations (ie. home, hospital, SNF, etc). Fine motor skills/visual acuity
WellBe Senior Medical is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity, inclusion
The preceding functions may not be comprehensive in scope regarding work performed by an employee assigned to this position classification. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change, or rescind the work assignments of this position. Management also reserves the right to make reasonable accommodations so that a qualified employee(s) can perform the essential functions of this role.
Zanesville, OH 43701 Primary Location: Zanesville, OH 43701 Job: Nurse Practitioner or NP. Regular Shift. Full-Time Job Level: Day Job, 8 am, 5 pm, Travel, Monday, Friday. Light On-call, no evening, no weekend hours unless desired. Nursing, Work from Home Opportunity, Regular, Flexible, Pay, Geriatric population