General Practice Nurse Practitioner to join a multidisciplinary team of healthcare professionals, who is responsible for managing and coordinating health care for a variety of patient in our community. We are well-established, family-oriented clinic with a focus on providing integrated health and wellbeing services.
The clinic offers a broad range of services including men’s and women’s health, pathology, assessment and treatment of skin cancers, interventional pain procedures, pediatrics and general medical treatment. The successful candidate would be expected to possess experience in a high-pressure environment, often consulting with more than 20 patients per day.
- Perform age-appropriate history and physical for complex acute, critical, and chronically ill perioperative patients.
- Orders and interprets diagnostic and therapeutic tests relative to patient’s age-specific needs.
- Prescribes appropriate pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic treatment modalities.
- Collaborates with multidisciplinary team members by making appropriate referrals.
- Facilitates staff, patient and family decision making by providing educational tools.
- Practice in accordance with State and Federal rules and regulations and the nursing standards of care (assessment of health status, diagnosis, development of plan of care and treatment, implementation of treatment plan, and evaluation of patient status).
- Ensuring the clinic maintains its profile as a community leader in health care - Essential criteria
- Hold or able to apply for AK license.
- General computer skills; able to manage EHRs, timely keep patients’ records and willing to learn a new HER program if needed.
- Proficient in English.
- 3+ years experience is welcome.
- Commitment to integrated health and wellness
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a dynamic team