The Department of Medicine – Section of Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine is seeking a Nurse Practitioner to serve as a provider for Sleep Medicine Services at the Baylor Sleep Clinic. Role will include patient care in addition to administrative duties related to the operations of the Sleep Clinic.
- Staff clinics that evaluate and manage patients with sleep disorders, with focus on patients being treated for Obstructive Sleep Apnea.
- Manage and coordinate care of patients on Positive Airway Pressure.
- Supervise clinical operations of the sleep clinic including patient scheduling, home sleep testing, and management of Durable Medical Equipment orders.
- Assist with handling patient calls.
- Assist with follow up calls including discussing sleep study results with patients.
- Monitor Epic messages and assist in proper triaging and handling.
- Maintains and provides assistance with the interpretation of various reports and forms.
- Master’s degree in Nursing
- Valid Nurse Practitioner License
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to oversee multiple projects at the same time and the ability to function well under deadlines
- Strong communication (oral and written) skills with all levels of employees
- Ability to effectively respond to time sensitive and confidential issues.