JOB SUMMARY: Assumes the responsibility for the provision of care and mental health management of patients within the outpatient clinic and hospital under the direction and supervision of the medical director and BHS leadership. Also, collaborates with the Behavioral Health Leadership Team to help support and develop system-wide initiatives to improve the patient experience and enhance the quality of care
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Graduate of an NLN accredited school of nursing or equivalent; graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner program required.
- Master's or doctorate degree required.
- Four to ten years related experience and/or training is preferred.
- Clinical experience facilitating group therapy sessions and providing individual counseling services preferred.
- Experience working with clients having dual diagnoses issues (addictive disorders in conjunction with mental health conditions) preferred
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) experience preferred.
CERTIFICATION, LICENSURE, and/or REGISTRATIONS:
- Certified Nurse Practitioner license is required.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of South Dakota and/or meeting the requirements of Multi-state licensure required.
- Federal and State DEA certification is required for South Dakota and Iowa employees.
- Federal DEA certification only is required for Minnesota and Nebraska employees
· This position requires a valid driver's license and that the employee is insurable by the Avera Health automobile liability insurance carrier.