Christiana Care Health System is currently looking for a Nurse Practitioner for our Center for Advanced Joint Replacement to function in advanced nursing practice of orthopaedic patients which includes direct management through utilization of approved protocols and procedures as well as appropriate medical consultation.
This position will be Monday through Friday, no holidays or weekends. The hours will be from 8a to 4:30p or 9a to 5:30p.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assesses health status of the orthopaedic patient through complete physical examination and medical history.
- Designs individualized management plans in collaboration with physicians, staff nurses, and other health care professionals for various patho-physiologic status common to the orthopaedic patient.
- Manages care of the orthopaedic patient within mutually agreed upon protocols by Medicine and Nursing including emergency resuscitation, prescribing appropriate treatment measures and initiate continuing treatment regime for health maintenance.
- Utilizes teaching/learning principles coupled with an expert clinical knowledge to promote and provide education to the staff, patient, and patient’s family.
- Acts as liaison for patients, families, and health professionals.
- Collaborates with manager of the Center for Advanced Joint Replacement regarding administrative issues that require intervention and/or resolution.
- Provides formal and informal orthopaedic related in-services and educational programs in which expert knowledge base is shared with staff.
- Maintains required credentials..
- Utilizes, promotes, and initiates research in nursing practice.
- Coordinates select projects/programs, including development and implementation of clinical pathways, guidelines and protocols, as assigned by the Manager.
- Utilizes effective verbal and written communication skills with patients and colleagues.
- Demonstrates skills and knowledge necessary to provide care to adult orthopaedic patients including knowledge of growth and development, the ability to obtain and interpret information, to identify patient needs and to provide care needed.
- Performs assigned work safely, adhering to established departmental safety rules and practices; reports to supervisor, in a timely manner, any unsafe activities, conditions, hazards, or safety violations that may cause injury to oneself, other employees, patients and visitors.
- Actively supports the discharge process on the Center for Advanced Joint Replacement
- Licensure or license eligible for Registered Nurse and Advanced Practice Nursing as set forth by the Delaware Board of Nursing with prescriptive (Rx) authority
- At least 5years of experience as a NP working independently in a medical or surgical setting
- Certification in specialty area
- BLS certification