Comprehensive Pain Specialists - Elkin, NC
• chargeable for rendering expert clinical care within the clinical putting in assist of supervising health practitioner and as directed by way of workplace manager.
• With the supervision of a health practitioner, according to state pointers, performs whole histories and physicals on patients of all ages for which licensure and certification are held to set up and record sufferers' present day fitness repute and to increase a operating analysis and treatment plan to offer persevering with medical care, along with acting examinations, writing orders, and charting notes.
• This hospital treatment can be in a ramification of clinical settings.
• The position will offer outpatient based care to sufferers with complicated, persistent health conditions.
• NP's exercise in a setting that calls for the overall performance of diagnostic and therapeutic interventions to control chronic fitness issues.
• have to have the potential to work with multi-disciplinary groups.\
DUTES OF THE JOB:
- Conducts thorough medical histories; performs complete physical examinations (where indicated); initiates appropriate lab, radiology tests or other special tests required for evaluation of illness, and scrutinizes lab data on new and former clinic patients to establish a record of the patient's current health status and to develop a working diagnosis and treatment planwith direct review by a physician.
- Must be able to work with autonomy within State law under direction of supervising physician.
- Performs and interprets, at least to the point of recognizing deviations from normal, common laboratory, radiological, and other routine diagnostic procedures used to identify pathophysiologic processes.
- Performs routine procedures such as injections, and manages pain management conditions.
- Provides information and answers routine questions of patients regarding their disease, including preventive health maintenance topics such as diet, weight, smoking and topics related to medical specialty, with basic recommendations.
- Educates patients regarding their disease, treatments, related drug and treatment side effects and hazards.
- Assists with record keeping, completes appropriate patient medical charts, transcribes lab data and routine correspondence, as directed and reviewed by physician.
- Refers patients to physicians as appropriate for consultation or for specialized health resources and treatment.
- Ensures continuity of care by serving as a liaison between patient and other members of the multi-disciplinary care team or withother specialty areas as necessary.
- Participates in quality monitoring thru the review of records and treatment plans for patient outcomes on a periodic basis to assure quality care.
- May serve as clinical preceptor for NP students and other health professionals.
- Demonstrates a high standard of moral and ethical behavior.
- Demonstrates Compassion and professionalism and a commitment to excellent patient care.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an approved Nurse Practitioner's Program; Master's Degree in Nurse Practitioner Studies.
- Licensure/Certification/Registration: Must have Prescriptive authority for licensure to prescribe.
- Must have good verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must demonstrate competency and the ability to perform advanced assessment, diagnosis, and treatment plan development and invasive procedures as per clinical privileges.
- Must hold an active license for advanced practice nurse.
- Must hold certification as a nurse practitioner from approved certifying body.
Physical requirement for this position includes but not limited to:
- Lifting Requirements: 10-30 lbs.
- Frequency of Lifting: 0-25% of the time
Average percent of time during regular shift devoted to:
- Standing, Walking, Bending and Reaching: 50%
- Sitting: 50%
- Ability to grasp with both hands; pinch with thumb or forefinger; turnwith hand/arm; reach for (above shoulder height)
- Ability to speak on the telephone and write simultaneously
- Ability to operate multi-line telephone system; computer keyboard; calculators
Job Type: Full-time
- Elkin, NC
- Nurse Practitioner: 1year
Required licenses or certifications:
- NP License
- RN License