0800 – 1630 with Saturday/Sunday off ( will be expected to be available as/when needed i.e on-call)
The Nurse Manager directly oversees nursing care at WCC, and in collaboration with the Health Services Manager 3 and the DOC Chief of Nursing Services is responsible for ensuring the quality of all nursing services at WCC.
- Direct, organize and plan the facility's nursing services to align with the agency's mission of providing quality and comprehensive patient care.
- Lead, supervise, and delegate the work performed by a team of dedicated nursing staff, ensuring appropriate and optimum use of resources and enhance employee effectiveness through timely appraisal and professional development opportunities.
- Ensure that all prescribed treatments and nursing plans for patients are delivered in a respectful and conscientious manner so that the patient's dignity and well-being is preserved.
- Work in collaboration with others to ensure staff and resources are in place to provide offenders with appropriate and timely nursing services consistent with established standards that result in reducing risk to the patient and facility staff.
- In coordination with WCC Health Services Leadership, facilitate a Continuous Quality Improvement Program (CQIP). Based on collected and analyzed data, make corrective changes in the program and delivery of medical services at WCC.
- Serve as part of a team that establish guidelines, projections and parameters for nursing and nursing programs along with policy changes at the agency level.
- Create a work environment that values high ethical standards, emphasizes safe, high quality nursing services, nurtures teamwork and encourages activities which lead to continuous improvement.
- Graduation with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing from an accredited college or university whose accreditation is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA), or a foreign equivalent
- At least, five (5) years of recent acute clinical experience working as a Registered Nurse; at least three (3) of which, in a successful progressive management level position.An initial and continuous unencumbered/unrestricted license in the State of Washington as a Registered Nurse.
- Certification by the American Heart Associate in Basic Life Support (BLS).
- Extensive written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in computer use.
- Master's of Science in Nursing from an accredited college or university;
- Five (5) years successful experience in a nurse management level position;
- Prior correctional experience and or CCHP-RN
'The mission of DOC is to improve public safety by positively changing lives.'
For additional information about the agency, please visit doc.wa.gov.
- Please ensure you fill out the online application completely
- Please include a minimum of three professional references with your application. A professional reference is defined as an individual who has been paid to supervise your work and can attest to your work performance, technical skills, and job competencies. If you do not have any or sufficient professional references, please include non-related professionals, such as educators or other professional associates.Phone number AND email address are required for all professional references.
- Please include resume and cover letter with your application, failure to do so will result in your application not being passed onto the hiring manager.
- Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position.
- Employees may work directly with or in close proximity to incarcerated individuals in a potentially hazardous setting. Please consider this when deciding whether to apply.
- We are committed to maintaining a drug and alcohol free work environment, and our employees are expected to comply with all state and federal laws. A pre-employment drug test may be administered as part of the selection process, and applicants who test positive for any controlled substances, will be disqualified from consideration.
- Oleoresin Capsicum (OC) is an aerosol pepper spray made available as a means of self-defense and/or de-escalation. Applicants with sensitivities or allergies are encouraged to ask about the level of exposure they could expect in this position.
- Animal care projects are a common component of most Washington State prisons, including dog and cat programs. Applicants with animal sensitivities or allergies are encouraged to ask about the level of exposure they could expect in this position.
- Tuberculosis (TB) is a priority health issue for DOC employees. The successful candidate may be required to provide valid proof of a baseline TB skin test within 60 days from the date of hire. When positive tests result, further information, testing and treatment may also be required. Employment is not contingent upon test results.
- This position may be represented by a Union Shop.