Job Code: 08298-8818
Nights (rotating weekends)
Nurse Manager Medical Surgical Unit (RN)
2 North Medical Surgical Unit - Doctors Regional Medical Center
2 South Medical Surgical Unit - Doctors Regional Medical Center
Corpus Christi Medical Center is a Health Care System including Bay Area, Doctors Regional, The Heart Hospital, Northwest Regional, Bayview Behavioral Hospital, Northshore Emergency Center, Northwest Behavioral Health Center and Radiation Oncology at Corpus Christi Cancer Center.
We are committed to the care and improvement of human life; constantly striving to deliver high quality, cost-effective healthcare. From caring for fragile newborns to complex cardiovascular patients, Corpus Christi Medical Center ensures the community receives the highest quality medical care available.
Corpus Christi Medical Center is a 631-bed Health Care System offering a comprehensive scope of inpatient and outpatient medical, surgical and specialty services, including:
- 24-hour Emergency Services
- Bariatric Services
- Behavioral Health Services
- Cancer Diagnostics & Treatment
- Cardiovascular Testing & Surgery
- Diagnostic Imaging/MRI
- Breast Diagnostic Center
- Inpatient Rehabilitation
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit Ã¢â‚¬â€� Level I, II, III
- Maternal and Neonatal Transport
- Neurosurgical and Neurological Services
- Orthopedic Services
- Outpatient Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Women's Health Center
Corpus Christi Medical Center is currently looking for a
Nurse Manager (RN) Medical Surgical Unit 2 North - Doctors Regional Medical Center
The Nurse Manager provides leadership to an assigned nursing unit(s) with responsibility for planning, directing and evaluating the patient care and services provided. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Manages personnel in the accomplishment of designated goals and the provision of nursing care and services.
- Manages the provision of adequate and competent staffing.
- Evaluates effectiveness of care in producing desired patient outcomes.
- Addresses any issues that affect the desired patient outcomes.
- Ensures that age and culturally appropriate care is given.
- Ensures departmental compliance with regulatory and JCAHO requirements.
- Monitors and adheres to annual hospital operating budget.
- Implements cost-effective strategies in staffing and supply management decisions.
- Assists staff in providing patient care and services as needed.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required for procedures.
- Current licensure as an RN
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider.
- Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing. Bachelor's Degree in Nursing required.
- Minimum of 2 years of clinical nursing experience.
- Previous experience in charge or leadership position.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment, strong communication skills and leadership abilities.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds