Healogics - Albany, NY
This Nurse Manager will be responsible for running a small team within Albany Memorial Hospital in Albany, NY.
The Clinical Coordinator (Registered Nurse-RN) is responsible for the coordination of clinical activities of the Wound Care Center including but not limited to use of organizational skills, leadership, planning, implementing, evaluating, and providing patient care through the use of hospital and nursing standards.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides case management to a group of patients providing specific assessments according to protocols and procedures, clinical competence in procedural skills, treatments, and patient/caregiver education related to wound care management.
- Provides HBO patient assessment and chamber operation as required.
- Organizes and prioritizes clinical responsibilities, provides direct supervision to clinical staff, (RN, LPN, MA, Med Assist, etc).
- Collaborates with other health care providers, Wound Care Center Physicians, Program Director, and Medical Director regarding clinic and patient needs.
- Consistently looks at current processes and procedures and identifies and implements areas of improvement while adhering to HIPAA, JCAHO, DOH as well as hospital and DCS requirements.
- Collaborates with Program Director and Medical Director to develop, implement and manage a continuous Performance Improvement Program (PIP).
- Engages in staff development, providing general in services as well as individual instruction and orientation. Provides staff recognition through positive reinforcement and constructive feedback. * Collaborates with Program Director in coordination of program objectives, from a budgetary and financial perspective.
- Collaborates with Program Director and Medical Director to achieve Wound Care Center quality indicators. Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Planning/Organizing * Managing People * Multitasking * Problem – solving * Leadership * Teamwork * Professionalism * Change Management * Developing Others * Customer Service * Collaboration * Interpersonal skills
Registered Nurse with current license.
Bachelors Degree in Nursing preferred.
Previous supervisory experiencerequired.
Maintains and demonstrates competency in BLS (Basic Life Support), infections control, safety and all unit required skill review.
The incumbent in the position will supervise 2 or more employees none of which are supervisors of others.
3. Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university; or one to two yearsrelated experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Clinical Coordinator shares accountability for healing outcomes in the Wound Care Center, which includes clinical practices and patient satisfaction leading to the success of the program.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,.00 to $80,.00 /year
- Albany, NY
- Nurse Management: 2 years
- Nursing: 5 years
Required license or certification:
- Registered Nurse (RN)