We are currently recruiting for an experienced, dynamic Nurse Manager for the Christiana Operating Room to assume overall leadership, strategic planning, staffing and coordination of services for the Operating Room at our Christiana Hospital location. The Nurse Manager will oversee 150 FTE’s, 52 of which are Registered Nurses, and an operating budget of $40 million.
The Position’s primary function is to provide overall administrative direction for the clinical practice of nursing and delivery of high quality and cost effective care to all patients utilizing the services of the Christiana Hospital Operating Room. Assumes 24 hour responsibility and accountability for all aspects of daily operational activity.
The most qualified candidate is someone who has managed in the Operating Room at a minimum of a level Two Trauma Center. Candidate has managed full operations of at least 15 Operating Rooms.
- BSN and Master’s degreerequired
- Or alternatively, a Bachelor’s degree and Masters of Science in Nursing required. Able to complete within three years of start date.
- Professional certification in a related nursing specialty required. (CNOR or other related to perioperative services)
- Must have a minimum of 5 years appropriate clinical and leadership experience, including successful budgeting, recruitment/retention/ engagement strategies and performance improvement for patient care initiatives.
- Current licensure in the State of Delaware.
- BCLS Certification required