PeaceHealth is seeking a Nurse Manager - Oncology for a 1.0 full time equivalent Exempt position. This position will be working Variable shift with shift durations of Variable.
Req ID: 171765
Manages the coordination of activities on the nursing unit with responsibility for results including costs, methods and staffing for 24-hour nursing operations on a nursing unit (s). Responsible for operational performance, quality, service environment and regulatory compliance. Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals.
- Demonstrate compassion, respect and caring while working within the scope of Registered Nurse practice to provide individualized, safe and efficient care to patients with an interdisciplinary team and provide assistance to families and visitors.
- Responsible for 24-hour day-to-day operations of unit: supervision of personnel; staff performance and patient outcomes; staff procurement and retention; regulatory compliance; and patient care. Evaluate work performance and conduct annual performance assessments. Delegate and coordinate responsibility for completion of departmental projects, tasks, and activities.
- Assist with the implementation of strategic initiatives for the department and identifies, assesses, and responds to issues and problems which affect ability to meet goals/objectives.
- Manage staffing levels required to provide optimum patient care within the limits of available resources.
- Assure quality of care by aligning assigned unit (s) with the hospital and nursing division's philosophies and standards of care; carry out adherence to state board of nursing and state nurse practice act requirements and to other governing agency regulations; measure health outcomes against standards; make or recommend adjustments.
- Deliver financial results for area (s) of accountability.
- Maintain a collaborative and cooperative working relationship with other departments and divisions; facilitating operational, quality, performance and change initiative implementation.
- May perform patient care duties.
- Develop and support clinical excellence, environment of care
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors or Masters of Science degree from an accredited school of nursing is required upon hire.
- Minimum of two years of leadership experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years of related experience is required.
- Work experience which demonstrates progressive leadership responsibility i.e. in Charge Nurse or supervisory role.
- Demonstrate competence in area of expertise.
- Financial and budgetary knowledge and experience.
- Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state in which nurse will be practicing.
- Certification in clinical area and membership in related professional organization preferred.
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
- ACLS may be required.
- Strong problem solving, decision making and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficient in use of computer including MS Office applications.
- Ability to manage complex operations and diverse personnel.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with interdisciplinary teams.
SHMC RB- PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
- Work requires fairly light physical exertion up to 33% of the time.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 50 lbs. or less.
- Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation, or sharp instruments.
- Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.
- Job duties frequently require intense concentration and attention to detail (34-65% of work time).
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Springfield community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers.
Get a feeling for the Spirit of PeaceHealth through this three-minute video, and visit us on Facebook or LinkedIn!
Questions? Review our Employment FAQ or email Recruitment@peacehealth.org. Please note this email does not accept resumes or applications.
Location: Springfield, SHMC at Riverbend (420)
Job Category: Leadership
Shift Length: Variable