The Nurse Manager’s primary job responsibility is to deliver the most remarkable patient experience, in every dimension, every time. The Nurse Manager facilitates an environment that allows staff to be present with patients and their families by supporting their desire to positively impact the health and well-being of our patients, our families, and our communities through the nursing process. The Nurse Manager strives to spend at least 50% of his/her time on the unit and is visible,
present and available to staff to provide necessary mentoring, teaching and support. Nurse Managers develops and maintains collegial relationships with physicians, clinical educators and other interdisciplinary team members. She/he provides leadership and creates a strategy to achieve the best outcomes including but not limited to quality, financial vitality, employee and customer satisfaction.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in nursing required. Master's degreepreferred.
- Experience: Minimum two years clinical RN experience in an acute care setting required.
- Licensure/certification/registration: Current RN licensure in appropriate state required
- Additional skills required: Understands and applies: current and future trends/practice in area of responsibility; regulatory and governing standards, policies and procedures; information systems and software used in area of responsibility; equipment used in performing assigned duties; application of safety and infection control policies and procedures; skills in interviewing and selection process; understanding of budgeting, staffing, payroll and purchasing processes; implementation of competency, feedback, development and progressive discipline processes; teambuilding, conflict management, and interpersonal relationship skills; principles of adult learning and teaching methods/models; decision making, project leadership and consultation, delegation and communication skills; customer needs and expectations and knowledge for improvement to exceed customer expectations; principles of change management
- Additional skills preferred: Board certification in area of practice.