Nurse Manager Medical Progessive Care
NURSE MANAGER MEDICAL PROGESSIVE CARE UNIT FT DAYS
AT ADVENTIST HEALTH SYSTEM
Date Posted: 9/10/2017APPLYNot ready toApply?
Organization: FH Memorial Medical Center
Shift: FM FH MEMORIAL MEDICAL CENTER
Job Posting: Full-time
Work Hours/ShiftsFT/DaysFlorida Hospital Memorial Medical Center Our goal at Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center is simple: to offer our patients the absolute best care around, in the most compassionate, community-focused setting possible. Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center consists of two campuses: a 277-bed main hospital in Daytona Beach and a 119-bed hospital in Ormond Beach, as well as our new outpatient facility, located at the Pavilion at Port Orange. Through our Christian mission of hope, health and healing, we strive topromote wellness of mind, body and spirit. We are a recipient of the 2012 Governor’s Sterling Award, which is the highest awardan organization in Florida can receive for performance excellence. More than 400 physicians hold privileges to practice at our facilities, and we employ more than 1,700 care-team members. Our specialties include cardiology, cancer, emergency care, surgical services, obstetrics, neurosurgery, stroke care, rehabilitation, weight-loss surgery, imaging, laboratory, homehealth, wound care, diabetes, hospice, physician practices and women’s services. Patients and families from across the country appreciate Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center’s unique culture. Our cutting-edge technology is accompanied by the holistic environment and patient-centered care that have defined Florida Hospital for more than a century. Best of all, it’s just a short trip from some of Florida’s most exciting attractions—and minutes from the Sunshine State’s premier beaches.
You will be responsible for:
- Responsible for managing all personnel on nursing unit(s).
- Conducts interviews and hires best qualified candidate to fill vacancies. Candidates can be new employees or transfers within the facilities.
- Maintains high levels of employee engagement and job performance by providing recognition and opportunities for learning.
- Performs annual employee appraisals on all unit staff.
- Identifies needed areas of improvement throughout year.
- Collaborates with Director to determine disciplinary action and action plans for improvement
- Monitors budget on an ongoing basis and completes monthly budget variance analysis within established timeframe.
- Makes patient rounds on routine basis to assess, problem solve, and provide customer service
What will you need?
- BS degree or AS with equivalent experience.
- Three (3) years of nursing experience required.
- One (1) year minimum supervisory experience withdemonstrated leadership and management ability preferred.
- Active Florida RN license required
- Must maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification