Nurse Manager, Medical ICU
Less than 5 years experience •
- Effectively interacts with family and patients and resolves concerns related to the delivery of healthcare services.
- Promotes satisfaction of internal and external customers through effective communications.
- Collects, analyzes and uses data to drive practice changes that integrate quality, safety, patient experience, and productivity metrics for excellent patient and nursing outcomes.
- Promotes patient, physician and other consumer satisfaction by facilitating excellent customer service by all members of the health care team.
- Interviews, hires, develops, guides, counsels, and disciplines nursing staff consistent with principles of a caring, fair, and professional work environment.
- Manages the unit budget with consideration to appropriate staffing, skill mix, patient outcomes, safety and cost efficient use of resources.
- Identifies, investigates and proactively responds to potential and actual risk management issues per standards and institutional policies.
- Assures compliance with standards and regulations promulgated by all applicable agencies.
- Provides a suitable plan for optimal utilization of resources for safe, competent, and effective patient centered care delivery
- Facilitates an environment conducive to creativity in practice, shared decision making and collaboration with all members of the health care team;
- Provides leadership for the unit, serving as a role model and resource for unit or service-level leadership staff.
- Maintains awareness of research protocols applicable to the patient population served, assures staff awareness and knowledge of such protocols, protects rights of patients, and participates in assessment / evaluation of outcomes.
- Participates in and fosters staff involvement in nursing research / evidence based practice efforts.
- Participates in interdisciplinary and Partnering for Quality improvement programs and cultivates environment that promotes patient/family, physician and staff satisfaction and excellent clinical patient outcomes.
- Develops and implements action plans in response to internal and external benchmarking data, problems, findings, issues, incidents and complaints.
- Establishes and maintains a unit-based quality and performance improvement program consistent with the service and departmental program and organizational goals.
- Serves as a support and resource for the education of health professionals
- Promotes own professional growth and development in clinical and managerial roles.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of education and development activities in achieving desired patient and staff outcomes.
- Creates unit milieu supportive of the education and development of the nursing staff and other health care providers.
- Encourages professional development of RNs along the clinical ladder.
- Identifies and addresses learning needs of all staff members.
- Coordinates care delivery and assignment of staff based upon identified patient care needs and clinical competency for optimal unit operation and patient outcomes.
- Ensures a collaborative interdisciplinary approach to achieve optimal patient care outcomes and to further the goals of the institution.
To qualify you must have a Minimum Qualifications:Licensure: Current Registered Professional Nurse in New York;Education: Baccalaureate degree in Nursing required, Masters degree in Nursing or health-related area preferred;Competence: At least three years of clinical practice in the care of the patient population served; ability to apply nursing process toward achievement of specific outcomes in an organized fashion which addresses patient/family satisfaction;Progressive leadership; demonstrated in a leadership position or demonstrates the potential for leadership competency; demonstrates ability to develop, guide, motivate, nurture, and coach others; participation in service or departmental committees;Evidence of excellent interpersonal skills, effective communication skills, and creative problem solving;Membership in pertinent professional organizations.
Required Licenses:Registered Nurse License-NYS
PreferredQualifications:Certification in relevant practice area preferred.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
Job ID: 1045438_RR00022870