The Nurse Manager manages and supervises functions of a sub population of patients within a clinical microsystem who acts to assure that patient care is designed, coordinated, integrated and evaluated for the patients and families who receive care within the system. Serves as a leader and partner in the interdisciplinary health care team serving the assigned population or unit of service. Manages the team of nursing providers serving the population and delegates nursing team resources and functions. Manages outcomes by collecting and synthesizing data to direct and achieve optimal outcomes. Manages information systems and technologies that place knowledge at the point of care to improve health outcomes. Functions as the system's analyst, acting to anticipate and minimize risk with the aim of preventing.
- Must have a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) from an accredited school of nursing.
- Minimum of three to five years of recent applied clinical experience as an acute care RN.
- At least 2 yrs previous nursing management experience required. Able to support multiple nursing units.
- Appropriate specialty certification strongly preferred or within one year of hire.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Florida.
- Current Certification in BLS for Healthcare Providers from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Intermediate computer knowledge: using Microsoft Word & Excel, Microsoft Outlook and Windows. Familiarity with Kronos and Clarvia a plus.
- We are a Pathways Designated facility along with being a Mayo partner.