The Nurse Manager is responsible for implementation of the strategic plan and standards of care and practice in accordance with regulatory requirements within Endoscopy. He/She develops, coordinates, integrates, and oversees programs, monitors performance standards and existing practices and designs new systems to improve organizational performance and staff competence. He/She is responsible for demonstrating leadership, providing staff development, ensuring competence and collaborating with Medical Staff and Senior Management to deliver high quality, efficient, and cost-effective care across the continuum. He/she is responsible for the daily operations of the Endoscopy Suite.
- Staff Development: Develops performance plans, identifies performance issues, and manages performance and career development. Approves and contributes to in-service education programs for assigned staff. Coordinates the educational activities of staff; communicates new/revised protocols, guidelines, and standards to assigned staff as changes occur.
- Patient Care: Manages and coordinates the activities of Nursing and Support Staff of the Endoscopy Unit to ensure patient care is provided in accordance with the established standards and legal requirements. Ensures that continuity of care is maintained. Provides professional Nursing care to patients when necessary due to work load or staffing shortages.
- Staffing: Ensures appropriate staffing is provided for all shifts of operation for responsible units. Monitors, evaluates and modifies staffing patterns in order to properly utilize assigned staff to provide patient care in assigned areas; prepares and modifies work schedules as needed to provide adequate coverage of all shifts; approves paid time off, sick time, and leave of absence requirements for assigned staff.
- QA/CQI: Coordinates QA/CQI activities for assigned areas; ensures that unit standards and monitoring procedures are consistent with the goals and objectives of programs and relevant legal requirements.
- Process Improvement: Continuously reviews processes for operational improvement and efficiencies.
- Patient Satisfaction: Performs daily rounding to enhance the guest experience and monitors and evaluates employee performance. In partnership with Guest Relations investigates, resolves, and documents the resolution of complaints or incidents concerning patients.
- Coordination: Communicates with various departments to coordinate services, resolve operational issues, and improve quality of patient care.
- Budget: Provides input to operational budget development. Manages budget for areas of responsibility.
- Leadership: Oversees the planning and delivery of patient care by staff during the 24-hour operation of assigned unit according to identified patient needs; conducts regularly scheduled rounds on assigned units to ensure quality care is provided; conducts staff meetings to ensure continuity of planning and implementation of effective patient care. Creates and sustains an environment that fosters team member and other stakeholder engagement. Establishes clear objectives tied to department and/or organizational strategic goals. Coaches, counsels and evaluates performance of direct reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing required
- Master’s Degree in Nursing or related field preferred
- ACLS and PALS preferred
- CGRN preferred
- Current NJ RN License required
- Minimum of 3 years Gastroenterology/Endoscopy management or leadership experience preferred
- Prior Endoscopy Manager, Assistant Manager or Supervisor experience required
Knowledge Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Leadership and motivational skills
- Critical thinking, program development and project management skills
- Skills in group facilitation and/or team building
- Ability to manage division budget required
- Knowledge of SGNA Standards and Practice Guidelines
- Demonstrates emotional maturity and ability to function effectively when under stress.