Manages practice of professional nursing and delivery ofnurse care in ambulatory setting. Provides diagnostic or therapeutic services to hospitalized patients on a regular basis. Establishes clinical direction for nursing care delivery, provides clinical supervision and maintains quality outcomes. Supervises all aspects of personnel management and development. Coordinates unit operations withother depts. Works in collaboration with the departmentchair, department administrator and clinical director regardingclinical operations to maintains adherence to regulatory standards. Assists in the development and monitoring ofbudget.
- Manages practice of professional nursing and delivery of nurse care in ambulatory setting.
- Provides diagnostic or therapeutic services to hospitalized patients on a regular basis.
- Establishes clinical direction for nursing care delivery, provides clinical supervision and maintains quality outcomes.
- Collaborates with liaison departments in maintaining patient care standards by utilizing evidenced based practice as applicable.
- Identifies and resolves issues affecting the delivery of patient care services in a unit.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures to insure efficient and effective delivery of health services in a unit.
- Fosters patient satisfaction. Develops and maintains unit related patient care standards through continuous quality improvement.
- Attains and maintains JC and other regulatory standards.
- Manages operation of unit.
- Analyzes personnel structure, determines staffing needs and mix.
- Monitors productivity, develops quality initiatives and provides direction and supervision to unit.
- Evaluates performance, conducts selection and termination process, develops strategic plans.
- Actively promotes staff and self development, seeking and soliciting input from staff on issues.
- Provides follow up to employees within an appropriate timeframe Directs unit participation in evaluation of new products.
- Approves purchases and establishes and revises inventory quotes.
- Participates in clinical nursing research and supports foundation research activities.
- Assists in the development and monitoring of budget.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BSN required.
- MSN preferred.
- High degree of clinical expertise in specialty area managed.
- Current state licensure as a Registered Nurse (RN). Nursing certification in specialty area preferred.
Basic Life Support (BLS) through American Heart Association (AHA)
Complexity of Work:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Ability to function in a variety of medical situations.
- Professional behavior/appearance required, ability to focus on patient safety, teamwork, patient outcomes, patient experience and quality improvement.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Four years experience as clinical nurse including.
- Demonstrated skills in leadership, management, communication, counseling, problem solving, decision making, conflict resolution and group process.
- Requires full range of motion, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time.
- Requires corrected hearing and vision to normal range.
- Requires some exposure to communicable disease or bodily fluids.
- Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required for procedures.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic’s Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days. Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic facility.
Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities