Location: Casselberry, Florida
Reports to: VP of Clinical Operations
The Nurse Manager is responsible for directing, organizing and supervising the work of an offsite nursing staff, which includes registered nurses (RNs) on long term contract assignments at our client companies located throughout the United States. The Nurse Manager will also provide clinical support to client healthcare facilities as needed in the absence of Director of Nursing.
- Through effective and ongoing communication, the nurse manager evaluates the performance of staff nurses and manages performance management plans as necessary
- Mentors and coaches nursing staff; listens to concerns and provides counsel
- Motivates staff to strive for professional excellence
- Provides nursing education in accordance with our established curriculum, as necessary
- As needed, communicates effectively with clients to ensure that nurses are progressing through the orientation and transition period with success in the clinical environment.
- Complies with company policies and procedures
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Dedication—the individual should be committed to achieving results under demanding time frames
- Problem-solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Quality management—the individual looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Judgment—the individual displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment and makes timely decisions.
- Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Integrity—the individual possesses high ethical standards and expects the same from all others in the organization.
- BSN required
- 5 – 7 years of experience as a Registered Nurse
- Minimum 2 years of managerial/supervisor experience
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Sitting for long periods at a time
- Regularly required to talk or hear
- Occasional lifting of office supplies up to 20 lbs
- Vision abilities including close vision and ability to adjust focus
- May be required to travelinternationally up to 10%