Nurse Manager - Ambulatory Peds Clinic
UCMC is committed to a patient-centric, efficient health care delivery system that focuses on quality, safety, service, and operational excellence. The Ambulatory Nursing Supervisor is responsible for administrative and patient care activities in a practice or center. Working closely with the Practice Administrator and Ambulatory Medical Director, the Ambulatory Nursing Supervisor oversees the day- to day clinical activities including scheduling of staff, patient flow, safety and quality related matters and patient satisfaction. Responsible for oversight of all compliance and regulatory standards especially those related to JCAHO, CAP, and CLIA.
You'll thrive in this position if you:
- Act with Courage & Conviction – you look at interactions, activities and processes to maximize the patient, customer and employee experience; speaks up for point of view with confidence even when the topic is controversial; shares point of view in a manner that builds support. You alert the right person when expectations or standards are not met or when UCMC’s values are at risk. You ensure proper resolution is achieved and an explanation is received; escalates appropriately if needed
- Make Thoughtful Decisions – you identify issues, problems and opportunities; proactively recognize the need for improvement. You work with others to develop a sense of common purpose; understand different perspectives on issues; gathers and examines information available. You generate alternatives - Create relevant options, including financial and resource implications, for addressing problems and opportunities. You select appropriate action - Formulate clear decision criteria; evaluates options by considering implications and consequences; chooses an effective option. You commit to implementation and work with a sense of urgency and a bias for action to implement the decision.
- Embrace Change – you treat change and new situations as opportunities for learning or growth; identifies the benefits and risks of change. You quickly modify behavior to deal effectively with changes; remains effective during times of ambiguity and uncertainty. You honor the need in others to ask questions; helps others overcome resistance.
- Demonstrate PRIDE Values – you actively demonstrate UCMC values in your work and relationships. You encourage others to model the behaviors and proactively identify gaps.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Master of Science, MBA or MHA preferred.
Five or more years of nursing experiencerequired as well as experience in a leadership capacity.
Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills required.
Experience in EPIC or an electronic medical record strongly preferred.
Demonstrated clinical and/or leadership skills that serve as a role model for subordinates.
Proficient in Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, and Power Point
Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in the State of Illinois.
- Experience in an outpatient/ambulatory setting preferred.
Job ID 2017-10516