Opportunity at a Glance
Do you remember the professor who encouraged you to believe in yourself and in your ability to be the successful nurse professional you are today? Now you have the opportunity to be that Instructor at an institution where our mission is to provide extraordinary care for students. Every day you can create the "a-ha" moment of sudden insight and comprehension that will change a nursing student's life forever.
As part of our campus-based Nursing Faculty with Tinley Park, you’ll inspire our motivated students to realize their educational and career goals while you enjoy competitive compensation, an extraordinary benefits package that includes up to $50,000 in doctoral program reimbursement, plus strong mentorship programs and numerous opportunities for career growth. From individual instructor support and student-led study groups to diverse clinicals and career networking opportunities, the community shares a common goal: to give each other the care we need to succeed and make a difference by transforming healthcare.
If you are passionate about nursing and advancing your career through the power of education, we encourage you to apply today.
Evidence-Based Teaching/ Learning and Master Instruction
- Takes responsibility for program outcomes by implementing the College’s philosophy, curriculum and course objectives through classroom, online, clinical teaching, and service to College, community, health system and profession.
- Develops curricular/teaching innovations in the annual preparation and revision of all assigned course(s).
- Assumes responsibility for all autonomous aspects of individual teaching loads.
- Monitors selected clinical agencies for appropriateness for student clinical experiences and ability to meet clinical course outcomes.
- Plans clinical experiences for and provides direct/ indirect supervision and evaluation of nursing students delivering nursing care to an individual or group of individuals.
- In cooperation with clinical agencies and college departments, provides oversight for clinical preceptors/ mentors for student clinical experiences and coordinates and evaluates those preceptors/ mentors.
- Provides documented feedback to students on level of performance based on course outcomes.
- Provides student remediation within assigned courses.
- Communicates up-to-date information about agency/clinical policies, procedures, and expectations.
- Posts developed clinical assignments consistent with student’s knowledge base,skill competency and learning needs.
Professional Role Model/ Chamberlain University Care
- Serves as a positive professional role model for students, assisting in their professional/social development.
- Incorporates practices of role models/ mentors selected from other faculty and staff in the areas of customer service, collaboration, communication, excellence and general professionalism.
- Engages in a productive mentee/mentor relationship.
Commitment to Professional Nursing
- Participates in professional activities outside the College
- Contributes to the development, implementation and evaluation of the programs and the philosophy of the College.
- Participates in academic advisement and counseling for an assigned group of students while participating in assessment of potential and real counseling concerns for all students with whom the faculty come into contact.
- Contributes to the development and evaluation of student admission, progression, retention and graduation policies within the College.
- Provides opportunities for student and graduate evaluation of curriculum and teaching and program effectiveness.
- Provides recommendations to the program coordinator regarding budget needs for the college.
- A faculty member at the rank of Instructor begins to assume leadership within the College by accepting or initiating, as part of the workload, responsibility for activities such as:
- Serving on College committees
- Serving on work groups that contribute to preparation for accreditation visits
- Serving on course specific assessment related to Systematic Evaluation Plan
- Serving as course coordinator
- Documenting actions taken in faculty and committee meetings as appropriate
Nursing Practice Expertise
- Demonstrates scholarship through the Scholarship of Teaching, Discovery, Application, or Integration congruent with expectations of assigned rank.
- Demonstrates a practice of scholarly teaching characterized by keeping course materials and content current, applying principles of evidence based teaching, participating in and welcoming peer review of teaching, and reflection on one’s own teaching.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- * Master’s Degree in Nursing
- Professional nurse licensure required
- Please see state-specific addendum for any additional requirements that may be needed to teach within your designated specialty (link to Online Faculty Licensure Requirements Document).
- Maintain current regulatory and practice credentials, when appropriate, based on assignment
- Excellent communication skills along with a high level of initiative and prudent judgment
- For those working within the clinical setting, additional compliance requirements are needed and those requirements are located in the faculty compliance packet.
*Education and experience must align with regulations in the state. Complies with the rules and regulations of state authorization agencies, which may include the higher education board and/or licensing board in multiple states.
- * Minimum of 2 years of nursing experience working in a clinical setting
- * Experientially prepared to teach assigned courses
Scholarship Requirements: Demonstrates scholarship congruent with the level of rank.
Activities that would be considered as scholarship have three characteristics. Scholarship must be: 1) made public, 2) open to critical review and evaluation by knowledgeable peers and 3) accessible for exchange and use by others.
The Instructor Faculty member is required to demonstrate at least one example within one of the four following focus areas of professional development and scholarship (detailed examples of each rank are outlined in the faculty handbook for reference).
- Scholarship of Discovery
- Scholarship of Integration
- Scholarship of Practice/Application
- Scholarship of Teaching and Learning
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. At Adtalem, we welcome everyone and have a strong commitment towards diversity and inclusion. We encourage our Colleagues to be their true authentic selves and support laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business. We also maintain a drug-free workplace.