The Nursing Education Specialist provides assistance with product and item development. They create original content and make changes to existing content. This position will collaborate with multiple departments to review and revise content. This position provides support to peers and outside content consultants. Communicates effectively and professionally in writing and verbally (by phone, internet, and in person).
This job exists to provide accurate consistent content across products and provide guidance on product development.
- Original/Maintenance Content/Product Development – Development of assessment items and/or products, that reflect current nursing practice
- Balances workload for multiple projects while adhering to guidelines for product development to meet established deadlines.
- Respond to internal and external client inquiries – Respond appropriately to content or product questions in a timely fashion.
- Assist with the training and coordinating of internal and external contributors on projects – Clear and concise communications are sent to meet the requirements of the product specifications.
Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in Nursing
- Current Nursing License
- Three years of clinical nursing experience
- Five years of experience as a nursing faculty in a practical, associate, diploma, or baccalaureate program
- Experience with adult medical surgical, fundamental, and/or mental health
Skills and Abilities
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, Adobe Acrobat and the internet
- Understanding of item writing
- Knowledge of and align products to the NCLEX-PN and NCLEX-RN detailed test plans
- Knowledge of current nursing practice and nursing education
- Adherence to guidelines in product development and meet established deadlines
- Ability to produce professional original writing
- Ability to attend Item Review Meetings via phone or in person with internal or external SMEs
- Assist consultants with questions regarding product development
- Conduct beta testing and quality assurance checks on products prior to release
- Travel is required as needed
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.