For more than100years the LewisGale name has been synonymous with high-quality, compassionatehealthcare. Today, our unwavering commitment to our patients ranks us as one of the top hospitals in Virginia and the nation for quality of care including patient safety, patient satisfaction and health outcomes. Our growing integratednetwork of care includes four hospitals, six outpatient centers, two cancer centers and700 physicians at more than160 affiliatedlocations stretching from Alleghany Highlands and Rockbridge County to the Roanoke and New River Valleys.Our parent company,Hospital Corporation of America (HCA), is headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, and is the nation's leading provider ofhealthcare services, with hundreds of hospitals and freestanding surgery centers in20 states and England. LewisGale is part of HCA'sCapital Division. Responsibilities:
- Maintains education/knowledge level to demonstrate commitment to professional improvement and also as a role model to the department.
- Demonstrates accountability for development of professional growth:
- Attends seminars, CE offerings, keeps up with professional journal readings (life-long learner), pursues advanced degree(s).
- Attains/maintains national certification.
- Active participation in a professional organization.
- Active support of community health-related programs/activities.
- Effectively manages the change process to achieve high performance outcomes.
- Demonstrates effective teambuilding skills.
- Demonstrates positive engagement with employees, patients, and physicians.
- Leads staff in the integration of the 5 Components of the Magnet Model into everyday nursing practice.
- Leads staff in adoption of all Quality Initiatives and evidence-based practice.
- Monitors Quality Outcomes and makes changes to correct deficiencies. Achieves performance within national benchmark of all nursing sensitive indicators at least 3 out of 4 quarters yearly.
- Maintains working knowledge of human resources, recruitment, compensation and related policies to ensure compliance with policies, procedures and applicable laws.
- Uses effective methods for interviewing to ensure the most qualified candidate is selected and the process is free from bias.
- Three years experience as a RN in a nursing leadership role with demonstrated proficiency in leadership and management.
- Two years experience at Director Level in healthcare setting.
Education / Credentials Required:
- BSN from an accredited school of nursing within 6months of hire.
- Valid VA RN Licensure, ORRegistered Nurse with “multi-state privilege" granted to them by virtue of holding a license in one of the states participating in the Nurse Licensure Compact Agreement and who has not established permanent residency in Virginia.
- BLS (issued by approved agencies).
- MSN, MBA, or MHA
Other Mandatory Qualifications
- National Certification in specialty, nursing administration or ACHE within one year of employment.
Other Preferred Qualifications
- Current professional nursing organization membership or ACHE.
Job Code: 00005-18589