Nurse Director of Behavioral Health: Adolescents
Less than 5 years experience •
We are looking for Nurse Director of Behavioral Health : Adolescents for our client in Church, VA
Job Title: Nurse Director of Behavioral Health : Adolescents
Job Location: Church, VA
Job Type: Direct Hire
- Start : ?ASAP
- Terms: Permanent
- ?Shift: All three Shifts
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The Director of Adolescent Services oversees the Adolescent Inpatient Program.
- The Director is responsible for staffing, supervision, risk management, quality improvement, and related activities.
- The Director is responsible for milieu management, shift coordination, interdepartmental communication and collaboration with the multidisciplinary team.
- Participates in formulating organization policy, develops and/or reviews procedures essential to the achievement of objectives and the ability to make recommendations to Senior Management. Serves as a role model, organizes respective department services to meet the goals and objectives of the hospital mission.
Specific Job Functions:
- Ability to use planning, research, foresight and facility goals and needs to analyze and make decisions without delay while involving appropriate parties.
- Develops, directs and insures the implementation of department services that promote optimum health care delivery and customer service.
- Promote and continually educate employees on concept of excellent service for all customers of the hospital, to include patients, visitors, physicians and employees.
- Accountable for creating a system which fosters participation and collaboration in planning, implementing and evaluating standards to insure safe, efficient and therapeutically effective health care.
- Maintains employee satisfaction score at goal of division/corporate level.
- Maintain sufficient number of qualified staff by interviewing, hiring and supervising staff.
- Make cost containment recommendations and see through to approval and implementation.
- Take initiative to solve problems and recommend improvements for the department.
- Knowledgeable of professional trends for area of specialty.
- Knowledgeable of trauma informed care and recovery oriented prinicples.
- Education: BSN required, if nursing. Masters of Science in Nursing
- Licensure: Current Licensure as RN in Commonwealth of Virginia or Compact State
- Certifications: BLS for healthcare providers required. CPI non-violent crisis intervention certification required as a part of orientation.
- Experience: Minimal three to five years of management experience in a hospital with focus on psychiatric services.
- Administrative Skills: Excellent oral/written communication, interpersonal, organizational and leadership skills require.
- Basic computer knowledge required.