$150K — $200K *
Providence is calling a Nurse Director - Medical Surgical (1.0 FTE, Days) to Providence St. Vincent Medical Center in Portland, OR.
We are seeking a Nurse Director who will be accountable for the provision and quality of nursing services at the facility level with a defined area of focus, in support of Providence Health & Services System and Regional goals. This includes strategically ensuring a balance of optimal and efficient patient care; staff, patient, and physician satisfaction; and cooperative partnerships with other organizational departments and professional groups. With a constant focus on patient-centeredness and staff and patient safety, the Nursing Director creates and maintains standards and systems for care delivery at their facility. These systems of care delivery promote evidence-based practice and are designed to support the management of productivity targets within a context of constant change in patient volumes, patient acuity, and available resources. Through leading in patient care delivery and planning strategically, consistently supports efficient and effective patient care services, and achieving organizational and system goals. This includes advancing the strategic vision and goals of the Oregon Nursing Center of Excellence. Constructively manages change and promotes a team-based approach.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
ANA Standard: Ethics
• Identify need for, and acts as necessary to advocate for systemic change to ensure the Mission will be viable in the future with decreasing resources
• Role models Core Values in actions, decision, and language
◦ Promote an environment of hope, healing, and hospitality
◦ Set standards and expectations for caring and trusting behaviors for all levels of nursing staff
• Act as lay leader to ensure the heritage of the sponsoring religious community is told in the organization
• Act on opportunities to extend the Mission and values other Catholic Health Care into the larger community/society
Diagnosing and Monitoring; Administering and Monitoring Interventions
ANA Standard: Assessment; Problems/Diagnosis; Identification of Outcomes; Planning
• Focus organization on top critical priorities
• Anticipate future trends and consequences, can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans to address future needs
◦ Encourag creative approaches.
◦ Eliminated barriers for success.
ANA Standard: Implementation; Quality of Care and Administrative Practice; Research
• Assure the needs and voice of the patient as the customer are heard by consistent integration of nursing in the development and achievement of organizational goals
• Advocate for public policy improving health care and nursing practice
• Establish and maintain effective relationships with customer groups by gaining trust and respect
• Champion patient and staff safety at all levels in the organization
• Reduce variation and error through implementation of evidence-based practice models
• Continuously improves outcomes through empowerment and management of data by promoting nursing research
• Plan for and supports the implementation of technology to support clinical practice
Teaching and Coaching; Managing Change.
ANA Standard: Professional Environment; Performance Appraisal.
• Establish and maintain a safe, supportive, and healthy environment to practice nursing throughout the region
• Create and develop high performance teams when needed
◦ Give team members appropriate responsibility, authority, freedom, and support to assure teams wins and successes
◦ Provide individuals information so that they can make accurate decisions in a timely manner on a regular basis
◦ Foster open and direct communication that encourages dialog and supports oppositional thinking
◦ Employ excellent listening skills
◦ Step up to conflict and is able to find common ground to achieve cooperation with minimum discord
◦ Create and communicates a compelling vision of Providence Oregon Nursing that reflects the present and the future, Inspire ownership of the vision that is inclusive of all staff at all levels
◦ Attract the best talent to the organization
◦ Advance and embraces diversity in both staff and patient populations
◦ Clearly assign responsibility and authority for tasks and decisions
▪ Set clear objectives and measures
▪ Hold people accountable for results
Organizational and Professional Development.
ANA Standard: Professional Knowledge; Collaboration; Resource Utilization.
• Understand the close connection between Finance and Human Resources in attaining quality clinical outcomes, partner with peers from these areas to provide infrastructure to reach clinical goals of excellence
• Understand how people and organizations function and is able to maneuver through complex political situations effectively, manages up in support others throughout the organization
• Provide leadership on strategic direction and resource allocation committees and councils that affect nursing practice throughout the region
• Assure compliance with all professional, regulatory, and legal standards in development of organizational policy
• Knowledgeable about current and possible future policies, practices, trends, and information affecting health care
• Actively participates in decision making with leaders for all areas of management, finance, medical staff, and clinical focus areas to create processes and structures that support the Mission and goals of Providence Health System.
• Demonstrate the ability to:
◦ Make decisions based on fact and identified need which also support Catholic social and ethical teachings
◦ Make quick but sound decisions when required by a situation without sacrificing decision quality
◦ To handle risk and uncertainty by making decisions without all facts as necessary
This position also provides:
Required qualifications for this position includes:
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
Valid through: 10/8/2020