University of Washington Medical Center has an outstanding opportunity for an RN Clinical Documentation Specialist working in the Clinical Documentation Program. This individual is responsible for supporting medical staff in improving the overall quality and completeness of clinical documentation.
The Clinical Documentation Specialist reviews clinical documentation, makes judgments regarding the completeness and quality of that documentation, and facilitates modifications to clinical documentation through communication with physicians and practitioners, and medical records coding staff. The Clinical Documentation Specialist ensures that pertinent patient conditions and treatments are documented such that appropriate reimbursement is received for the level of acuity and service rendered to all patients using a DRG based payer (Medicare) methodology.
The Clinical Documentation Specialist also verifies the accuracy and completeness of clinical information used for measuring and reporting outcomes related to patient care, physician practice and the medical center performance. The Clinical Documentation Specialist educates all members of the patient care team regarding these aspects of clinical documentation on an ongoing basis.
Join our award-winning team at University of Washington Medical Center (UWMC). Among the top medical centers in the United States as rated by U.S. News & World Report, UWMC prides itself on compassionate patient care as well as its pioneering medical advances. UWMC is operated by the University of Washington (UW) and serves as a training site for UW’s School of Medicine. The University of Washington is proud to be one of the nation’s premier educational and research institutions. Our people are the most important asset in our pursuit of achieving excellence in education, research, and community service.
Our staff not only enjoys outstanding benefits and professional growth opportunities, but also an environment noted for diversity, community involvement, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits, and natural beauty.
• Current WA RN licensure; BSN
• 6+ years recent clinical experience in an acute inpatient hospital setting; in-depth knowledge of medical and surgical care
• Ability to organize and prioritize with attention to detail
• Proven critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Exceptional interpersonal skills; ability to work collaboratively
• Effective communicator; strong written and verbal skills
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative for independent education in current evidence-based practices, pathophysiology and disease processes
• Adept with Windows PC and Microsoft Office products; ability to quickly master new electronic medical records
• Experience with Clinical Documentation Improvement
• Experience in academic medical center
• Experience with Cerner/ORCA electronic medical record
• Clinical Documentation Specialist (CCDS) Credential