Description: An Expert Panel Member job in Cocoa Beach, Florida, is currently available at Belcan. This job is a full-time direct position with benefits.
Expert Panel Member job duties:
• Provide expert panel support and expertise on nuclear matters in the form of serving as a subject matter expert and member of expert panels for Air Force Technical Applications Center (AFTAC) nuclear science missions.
• Advise AFTAC during operations and on management of technical missions.
• Review and validate nuclear forensic conclusions and confidences.
• Bachelor of Science and at least 15 years’ experience; or, Master’s Degree and at least 10 years’ experience; or, Ph.D. (Desired fields of study: Nuclear Engineering/Physics; Physics, Chemistry, Radio-Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science).
• Knowledge of laboratory analytical processes, procedures and data evaluation techniques for the Technical Center mission.
• Detailed knowledge of the AFTAC processes and capabilities for all techniques under review.
• Capability to meet sometimes significant short-notice demands of a real nuclear related event.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
• Active Top Secret clearance preferred.
Desired experiences and skills include:
• Ability to work cooperatively within a diverse team.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.