STRUCTURAL integrates technology-driven solutions with specialty contracting services to improve, protect, and enhance the existing infrastructure of owners directly, and in partnership with designers and contractors. STRUCTURAL offers a wide range of specialty repair and maintenance services and is the largest concrete repair contractor in the United States, with over 2,000 employees working from locations nationwide and in select international markets.
We are currently recruiting for a Nuclear Construction Safety Coorninator to be based in Arizona to support our long-term project at Palo Verde Nuclear Generating Station. As a Safety Coordinator for STRUCTURAL, you will be accountable for leading safety initiatives onsite.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Assisting in the development of procedures for safety standards and best practices in a team environment through frequent interaction and open communication with managers, employees, subcontractors, and clients.
- Conducting and coordinating worker safety training in areas such as safety laws and regulations, hazardous condition monitoring, and use of safety equipment for new and current employees.
- Ensuring compliance with SPS, OSHA, Plant NIOSH, customer, state, and local regulations; and supports safety efforts to continuously improve overall site safety culture.
- Working under the supervision of the Safety Director to conduct testing of air quality, noise, temperature, etc. to verify compliance with health and safety regulations.
- Conducting interactive training to help field personnel acquire necessary skills/knowledge/certifications
- Investigating and documenting near miss and/or workers compensation incidents.
- Working with jobsite personnel and project teams to perform root-cause analysts, evaluate information, and implement corrective solutions.
What you need to succeed:
- 5+ years of experience as a safety coordinator or trainer in a well-structured construction safety program (experience in the Nuclear industry is a plus).
- Previous field construction supervision experience
- Strong knowledge and understanding of OSHA regulations as they apply to construction
- Ability to recognize hazardous situations and implement effective corrective measures
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Candidates who are English/Spanish bi-lingual may be given preference