If you have what it takes to become part of the Vistra Energy family and would like to start a promising career with a global leader, take a look at the exciting employment opportunities that are currently available and apply online.
The Principal Developer will be responsible for driving development and strategy for multiple platforms and utilizing a broad range of software development approaches to ensure the timeliness, quality, and accuracy of the data and platforms. The role is expected to leverage relationships with business and technology users to learn the business processes the applications support. They play a pivotal role in delivering data needs, identifying and driving documentation and process improvements, performing support activities for Technology Services, and engaging technology and business users for ideas to improve the user experience.Job Description
- Drive the maintenance of systems, creation of technical designs, development and deployment of front-end and/or back-end systems, integration of the data warehouse with enterprise applications, and/or implementation of user access controls and data security measures, where appropriate.
- Manage the creation and implementation of solutions or enhancements to improve overall Vistra data architecture; conduct research and make recommendations on new data management processes and innovations.
- Identify, evaluate, and implement automation and continuous improvement ideas supporting ITIL-aligned processes to address technical debt.
- Engage business users, process owners, architecture, and application teams to define and understand data and forecast needs to achieve key performance indicators and service level agreements that benefit Vistra and its objectives.
- Drive creation of policies, standards, guidelines and procedures that mitigate risk and optimize performance in order to ensure data is available, responsive, and achieving business outcomes and objectives.
- Approach development with a test-driven mindset utilizing well structured unit tests.
- Analyze code for non-standard practices, errors, and security vulnerabilities, and coach junior team members to improve and transform the code to optimize performance and ease of use
- Manage delivery of enterprise-wide initiatives related to the platforms supported by the team.
- Apply the value drivers for Vistra to deliver innovative value creation ideas.
- Consult with managers and stakeholders to identify opportunities to increase the adoption and communication of TS processes through training and engagement.
- Apply understanding of financial principles, and demonstrate knowledge of industry-related and emerging technology to contribute to business case development for new ideas
- Participate in agile ceremonies.
- Provide domain guidance to less experienced team members
Education, Experience, & Skill Requirements
- High School Diploma/GED equivalent
- 12-15 years professional experience in a technology or business field
- Professional certifications a plus (e.g., ITIL, CSM, AWS)
- Proven experience analyzing code for non-standard practices, errors, and security vulnerabilities and presenting detailed remediation plans.
- Ability to approach development with a test-driven mindset utilizing well-structured unit tests.
- Experience managing and delivering enterprise-wide initiatives related to the platforms supported by the team.
- Demonstrated ability to be trustworthy and dependable
- Ability to learn quickly, be self motivated to improve knowledge and tackle new challenges
- Superior organizational skills, communication skills, and attention to detail required
- Skilled at creating executive-level communications and presenting to and interacting with leaders
- Must demonstrate an energetic, hands-on, enthusiastic, results-oriented approach as a team player, capable of adding significant value to the existing team.
- Must be comfortable sharing ideas and finding innovative ways to resolve challenges.
- Proven ability to build support among peers and create relationships with peers and stakeholders.
- Proactively seek learning opportunities to develop better understanding of department and enterprise goals.
Agile delivery proficiency
Ticket volumes and trending
Support Nuclear portfolio of applications.