11 - 15 years
Posted 160 days ago
NRL Senior IT Engineer (Job Number:438271)
- Performs high-level, day-to-day operational maintenance, support, and upgrades for complex operating systems, workstations and servers.
- Coordinates, directs and performs complex software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages.
- Schedules installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures.
- Continually monitors and tunes multiple systems to achieve optimum performance levels.
- Ensures workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions of varying complexities.
- Ensures data/media recoverability by developing and implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive operations.
- Plans and implements the modernization of servers.
- Develops, implements and promotes standard operating procedures and schedules.
- Conducts hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines. Incumbent develops and implements new standards, policies and procedures.
- Incumbent in this job works closely with Network and Systems Analysts to help determine and develop the systems that will be implemented
- Minimum B.S. degree in Computer Science or in a related field or equivalent professional experience.
- Must have at a minimum 10 years of demonstrated experience providing information technology support to scientific researchers including Windows or LINUX operating system installation, secure configuration, patching, and troubleshooting; or network engineering, configuration, patching, and troubleshooting; or network storage engineering, configuration, patching and troubleshooting; or information assurance and accreditation.
- Shall have at a minimum 3 years of demonstrated experience using scripting programming languages (e.g. bash, tcsh, tcl, powershell, Windows command line).
- Shall have at a minimum 3 years of demonstrated experience using graphics languages (e.g. GrADS, IDL, GMT).
- Must have data storage, transfer, and management experience.
- Three years knowledge of and experience with the FNMOC computing environment is much desired (e.g. knowledge of bash, svn, python, Intel compiler).
- Three years knowledge of optimizing software for the High Performance Computing (HPC) environment is desired.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion.
Job Posting: Jul 16, 2018, 9:54:35 AM
Primary Location: United States-CA-MONTEREY
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job