We welcome you to join Philips Image Guided Therapy (IGT) Systems as an NPI Supply Chain Project Manager in our San Diego, CA location.
As the New Product Introduction (NPI) Supply Chain Project Manager, you will have the opportunity to work as part of our Supply Chain Industrialization team in support of driving the launch and growth in the order to fulfillment cycle of a newly acquired business in the North America Market.
This is an exciting new position with a newly developed team where the right candidate has the ability to influence the end-to-end supply chain flow from the time a customer places an order, up through and including order fulfillment.
You will be the main liaison in the United States to the management team in the Netherlands. If you are a self-starter with broad supply chain experience with the ability to set up and manage projects that will span multiple functions as the business grows and matures overtime – this job is for you!
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
Company relocation benefits will not be provided for this position. Candidates need to live within commuting distance to the San Diego office.
You are responsible for
- Act as the single point of contact for the North America Market for the EPD organization that is based in the Netherlands
- Coordinate the efforts of EPD dedicated resources in areas such as purchasing, order management, pricing, back office sales, finance, etc…. to support the initial launch / industrialization and growth of the business
- Develop and execute continuous improvement projects that span the order to fulfillment cycle
- Identifying risks and issues, driving mitigation actions and escalate if needed
- Provide direction to the buyer to ensure that the supply chain plan can support the market's demand, while minimizing risk and excess inventory
- Liaison with The Philips Service organization to ensure service and replacement materials are available
- Drive the implementation of new parts to ensure they are set up, orderable, can be warehoused, and ultimately shipped and invoiced to the end customer
- Overall strategy deployment in North America, aligned with the EPD organization
- Overseeing the set up and management of consignment inventory at the customers' site
- Continuously assess and provide recommendations on resources to the EPD management team as the business grows
- Analyzes data and provide data driven recommendations across the organization
- Stakeholder management to the EPD management team and broader Philips organization as needed
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Broad experience in supply chain to support the problem solving that is prevalent with launching new products
- Strong project/program management background to hold functions accountable and drive results
- Analytical mindset with the ability to analyze, report out and propose solutions.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline (manufacturing, operations, business, supply chain, engineering)
- 7+ total years' experience in expanding supply chain roles (Project Manager, buyer/planner, S&OP, demand planning, logistics, etc..) in a highly regulated, high volume industry (medical devices or pharmaceutical strongly preferred)
- Strong problem solving skills. As this is a new business with new products, agility and problem solving are key
- Able to demonstrate attention to detail, superb organizational and follow up skills
- Ability to travel ~10-20% of the time to internal and external sites. As the role expands, there may be need for upwards to 40-50% for brief periods.
- Strong communication skills
- Familiarity or certification in Lean methodologies
- Proficient with FDA QSR/cGMP and ISO13485 requirements to maintain commitment to environmental and quality regulations
- Flexibility to attend and host meetings as direction will come from the Netherlands and this role will be based in the US