This role will be responsible for both New Product Introduction (NPI) and Sustaining Engineering activity for their assigned product lines in support of Supply Chain.
The Opportunity / What we’re looking for:
The role of the NPI Project Manager is to plan, execute and manage the new hardware from design phases through to introduction at our partner manufacturing sites with a continual focus on predictability. This involves in-depth knowledge of the overall release program and understanding the status of components through to our manufacturing sites schedules and risks. The NPI PM is the overall Supply Chain interface to the program manager who is responsible for ensuring all deliverables by all team members are complete and recommend a pass or fail of the program’s business decision point.
You need to influence other organizations and ensure they are providing the resources and services they are responsible for delivering projects or closing open actions. Will also be responsible to ensure the products ramps adequately to meet customer demand.
For sustaining activities, the PM will also be responsible for driving resolution on technical issues between our suppliers and engineering in support of the output required by the supply chain planners to support customer demand. This includes reviewing, implementing, and where appropriate initiating Deviations, ECO & DCOs, establishing & tracking requiredqualification activities, driving resolution of quality or yield issues impacting output plans, clarification of product BOM/assembly questions, and tracking product qualification and transfer activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Key interface with R&D and ensuring the build plan is created and communication of plans between R&D Supply Chain teams and manufacturing sites.
- Key Interface with manufacturing site which includes, material status, build schedules, quantity of builds for NPI, resolution of technical issues for GA products.
- Ensures all key resources from Supply Chain from strategic sourcing to test engineering are assigned and have plans to complete their deliverables as required.Also coordinate support from R&D as required.
- Establish weekly meetings to review the status of the plans and ensure all key teams members are informed of changes or risk and have developed contingency plans.
- Ensure quotes and purchase orders are completed as required to maintain the programs plan for delivery.
- Weekly reporting and status updates as required for executive debriefs and program milestones.
- Responsible for tracking and reporting on product cost and the deltas from targeted baselines for NPI.
- Ensuring all permits and kits are completed and ready for full orderability in Ciena systems.
- Maintain accurate and detailed tracking of R&D and Supply Chain key deliverables for the program’s success.
- Drive for improve NPI ramp planning at GA and a successful hand off to supply chain production team.
- Review ECO/DCOs in Agile.
- Work with the CMs and supply chain planners to implement and track Deviations, ECO & DCOs to completion, including requiredqualifications.
- Experience with Microsoft Project and the Microsoft Office suite of tools.
- Ability to react quickly to a dynamic environment and identify potential problems and take preventive actions.
- Process oriented person
- Able to provide feedback to team members in a clear and constructive manner.
- Work with cross functional teams within North American and CM’s around the world to support completing NPI & technical support tasks.
- Time management skills are superb and drive your effectiveness
- Ability to work in an empowered team-work based organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to details
- Able to deliver the difficult messages to senior leaders
- Ability manage multiple projects at the same time
- Willingness to engage others and diver for results.
- Well organized and recognized as go to person to solve any project issues.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 5 years project management or product engineering experience in telecommunications.
- Under graduate degree in Engineering/Computer Science.
- PMP certification is an asset
- Experience with Agile and Oracle will be an asset.