Key Responsibilities/Position Overview:
- This NPI Product Engineer for 3D sensing optical packaging group will be located in Finisar Allen office and closely work with Sghenzhen Office design team and contract manufacturers on assembly process and test transfer from US to mass production factories.
- He/she will interface closely with design engineers during product development phases to understand the design, create BOM, and analysis and forecast of product yield and costs.
- He/she will work extensively with process engineering, software and hardware engineers to develop the test and assembly processes, in process monitoring, and test systems used to test the 3D optical packaging.
- He/she will closely work with design, process and test engineering to define assembly and test parameters and windows based on product design specifications and process capabilities.
- He/she will collect data and generate yield reports for pilot runs to drive understanding and resolution of root cause to yield/quality issues by the design team.
- Once product design is frozen, the NPI Product Engineer will be involved with transferring the product to overseas manufacturing facilities with training factory personnel and providing transfer documentation, such as PMP/WI etc.
Education and Qualifications:
- MS or above in EE/Mechanical Engineering/Manufacture engineering/Physics or other engineering degrees
- 2 to 5 years related work experience
- The NPI Product Engineer must take initiatives, be well organized, and be highly motivated to solve issues in a timely manner.
- Hands on/Working knowledge of optoelectronic and fiber-optics components and assemblies. Understand the properties of various types of lasers and photodiodes and optical packaging design and process. Ability to understand and optimize specifications from device level to high application level.
- Familiarity with the development of test software and testing automation. Familiarity with optical and electrical test methods.
- Ability to read and interpret complex engineering data sheets and specifications. Ability to analyze the impact of changes to production specifications whether they are electrical, optical, or mechanical.
- Ability to analyze yield data and identify root cause of failures whether they are a result of design, process, materials, or test repeatability.
- Solid understanding of passive optics, lasers, photo receivers, and principles of coherent optics.
- Experience in developing and transferring products into high volume offshore manufacturing. Interact often with offshore manufacturing facilities both as part of transfer activities and helping to drive ongoing cost/yield improvements.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to communicate and effectively interact with others. Excellent planning and organizational skills.