As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will participate in the development of space launch vehicles for various spaceflight systems. We are seeking a technically ambitious, proactive, service-oriented individual with excellent oral, written, interpersonal, and analytical skills who can thrive in a fast paced environment. You will be primarily responsible for avionics New Product Introduction (NPI) and sustaining production supporting the New Glenn Program. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Partner with suppliers, hardware design teams, manufacturing engineering teams, supply chain, and program leadership to ensure the timely delivery of critical avionics hardware including (but not limited to) budget, engineering schedules, procurement schedules, supplier schedules, and program management status reports.
- Understand and communicate technical engineering requirements to suppliers
- Conduct meetings with suppliers to status and improve new avionics products
- Partner with procurement team to negotiate with manufacturers and suppliers to meet program technical, schedule, and cost expectations
- Drive and support supplier process development initiatives to improve how products are designed and manufactured, including DFX feedback into the engineering teams.
- Transition products from NPI phase to production phase and manage sustaining production activities
- You will directly support the following teams:
- Avionics product engineering
- Finance and estimating
- Manufacturing and production
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, manufacturing engineering, or equivalent technical field
- 5-10 years' experience in electronics manufacturing or NPI program management
- As alternative to above qualifications, 10+ years' experience in electronics manufacturing with a Bachelor's degree in Business or Project Management
- Experience managing complex datasets, spreadsheets, and Tableau dashboards
- Strong computer skills (MS Excel, MS Project)
- Strong communication skills in technical work environments
- >50% travel required to domestic suppliers
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- MBA and/or Project Management certification (PMP/Certified Project Manager)
- Self-starter, strong bias for action
- Experience working with mid-size electronics suppliers
- Working familiarity with wiki and Confluence
- Analytical, organization, and problem solving skills
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy