As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will participate in the development of space launch vehicles for various spaceflight systems. We are seeking a technically ambitious, proactive, service-oriented individual with excellent oral, written, interpersonal, and analytical skills who can thrive in a fast paced environment. You will be primarily responsible for avionics New Product Introduction (NPI) and sustaining production supporting the New Glenn Program. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
- Partner with suppliers, hardware design teams, manufacturing engineering teams, supply chain, and program leadership to ensure the timely delivery of critical avionics hardware including (but not limited to) budget, engineering schedules, procurement schedules, supplier schedules, and program management status reports.
- Understand and communicate technical engineering requirements to suppliers
- Conduct meetings with suppliers to status and improve new avionics products
- Partner with procurement team to negotiate with manufacturers and suppliers to meet program technical, schedule, and cost expectations
- Drive and support supplier process development initiatives to improve how products are designed and manufactured, including DFX feedback into the engineering teams.
- Transition products from NPI phase to production phase and manage sustaining production activities
- You will directlysupportthe following teams:
- Avionics product engineering
- Finance and estimating
- Manufacturing and production
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, manufacturing engineering, or equivalent technical field
- 5-10 years’ experience in electronics manufacturing or NPI program management
- As alternative to above qualifications, 10+ years’ experience in electronics manufacturing with a Bachelor’s degree in Business or Project Management
- Experience managing complex datasets, spreadsheets, and Tableau dashboards
- Strong computer skills (MS Excel, MS Project)
- Strong communication skills in technical work environments
- >50% travelrequired to domestic suppliers
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum
- MBA and/or Project Management certification (PMP/Certified Project Manager)
- Self-starter, strong bias for action
- Experience working with mid-size electronics suppliers
- Working familiarity with wiki and Confluence
- Analytical, organization, and problem solving skills
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
Apply for this job onlineEmail this job to a friend Share on your newsfeed
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue's principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.