Job Description - North American Senior Accountant
Summary: Responsible for reporting actual financial results of North America
Reports to: Assistant Controller – North America
- Support and review monthly reconciliation and rollforwards of balance sheet accounts for various US and Canadian legal entities that were prepared by the Poland Shared Service Center.
- Prepare monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts for various US and Canadian legal entities that were prepared by the Poland Shared Service Center.
- Reconciliation of US and Canadian accounts as assigned including CAD payment requests / clearing of payments between the US and Canada.
- Prepare quarterly mortgage interest calculations and create related invoice.
- Prepare monthly foreign currency elimination entries for intercompany transactions denominated in currencies other than USD.
- Prepare prepaid insurance reconciliations and calculate monthly allocations.
- Coordinate and prepare and maintain recurring journal entries.
- Various month-end close activities including loading SAP to HFM, posting allocation of labor benefits and other activities as assigned.
- Assist with preparation of quarterly and annual financialreporting packages for the North American legal entities.
- Prepare quarterly / annual governmental census reports.
- Four year college degree with major in Accounting; Masters or MBA preferred
- Minimum 3-6 years of experience with an accounting and/or auditing background
- Certified Public Accountant with public accounting experiencepreferred
- Experience with SAP and Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) a plus, but not a requirement
- Advanced Microsoft Word and Excel skills
- Strong Communication Skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and work in a team environment, multi-task, establish priorities and adapt to change, propose and implement process improvements.